Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some People Dread It

Happy Thursday!  The weeks just keep whizzing by – at least for me they do.  I was up and out the door super early.  I made it to the gym again today – I think I am back in my groove.  I know that a lot of people dread the treadmill, but I actually really do not mind running inside.  Yes, I do much rather a long run outside so I can enjoy my surroundings, but the treadmill can be fun too.  I like to play with the speed and incline which adds a little variety to my run.  This morning I did a 7 mile run and then hit the weight room.  It was a great workout and I was able to take my time since I do not have any commitments this morning. 

Once I cleaned off the filth it was definitely time for breakfast. 

Today’s oats were sweet, fluffy and filling.  Can you spot the pear peaking out?  

 

DSC04216

 

In the pot I combined 1/2 cup oatmeal, water and 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein powder.  I added the peeled and chopped pear along with a hefty dose of cinnamon and let the mix cook for about 5 minutes and boy did it get thick.  I added a little extra water since I prefer my oatmeal to be a little bit more on the smooth side.  I am not a fan of sticky oats.

I topped it off with some PB2 and then ate every last bite.  It was delicious.

 

DSC04213

 

I went a little camera crazy this morning taking pictures of my boys.  So I thought that I would share a few of my favorite shots with you all. 

The penny eater.  In case you are wondering – it still has not passed. 

 

thursdayAM

 

My fur boy at his favorite post. Our couch cushions have a permanent dent in them from Otto lounging on them all day. 

 

Otto2

 

He loves to people watch. 

 

Otto

    

 

And a few more of D.  I can’t help myself – he is just too darn cute.

 

 

thursdayAM2

 

Love that smile!

 

 

thursdayAM3

 

Lastly, I would like to share a new product that I found at Whole Foods – Yogi Granola Crisps. I chose the Baked Cinnamon Raisin flavor.  They are crispy, sweet and absolutely delicious.  D ate some as a snack this morning so you know they have to be yummy if Mr. Picky likes them. Charlie thinks they taste like an oatmeal cookie – that must be why I like them. I am not sure that I would choose the other 2 flavors.  I am not a fan of dried strawberries and flax is not always my friend.  I think we will keep this flavor around since ALL of us can eat it.  I highly recommend you give them a try if you are looking for a yogurt topper or even just a light and tasty snack – you will not be disappointed.

 

DSC04211

 

Ok friends, time to get going.  I think D and I might do a little school work – I have been slacking this week.

I hope you have a great day.

No comments: