Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Salad Artist

This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to see my sis over Nana’s house. I have not been able to spend that much time with her the last few months since she has been going to my Mom’s in Maine every other week.  I have really missed her.  D could not wait to see his best buddy Rocco – he actually squealed in delight when he saw him.  Those two are best pals for life. 

Nana is now sporting a head of curls but my nose is still smelling that nasty perm stank.  I think the kiddies evacuated the house when I broke out the smelly stuff.  Even with all the fans on the fumes were deadly.  Funny though, the odor of a perm always makes me think of my Nana – is that a good thing? 

We hung out for a while after I played hair dresser.  The 3 kids were having a blast outside so it was hard to wrangle them up to hit the road.  I was ready to chew an arm off so I knew I needed to get home and make dinner. 

The fastest thing that could make its way onto a plate – a gorgeous salad. I am truly a salad artist.  This plate of goodies was not just tasty, it was beautiful to look at before I devoured it.

 

salad

 

I piled whatever I could get my hands on onto my plate – lettuce, summer squash, zucchini, baby portabellas, a chopped peach, muenster cheese, cottage cheese and brown rice.  I made a dressing with Ray’s Spring Maple mustard, balsamic vinegar and water.  This salad creation was a winner.

 

salad2

When I saw my sis today she gave me 4 jars of Ray’s mustard.  The company is in the tiny town that my Mom lives in.  I am in love with this stuff. I am now in possession of Mouse-a-maquoddy Molasses, Winter Garden, Spring Maple and Jameson Tavern.  This is seriously the best stuff out there. 

We have plans to go to my sis’s house tomorrow so I am not sure what the posting schedule we be.  I know two little boys who are super excited to spend the day together.

Have a great night. 

No comments: