Wednesday, September 23, 2009

POM Tea

A few weeks ago I was asked if I would like to try out the new POM Tea drinks.  I received 4 bottles of tea – 2 of which are a light version. 

The 1st one I sampled (I actually tried this one a few weeks ago) was the Pomegranate Lychee Green Tea.  I am not fan of green tea but this drink was super.  I thought that it was refreshing and very tasty.  The downside was, I did find it to be a bit sweet for my taste.  I do not usually drink sweetened beverages. I am a water girl pretty much all day expect for my AM coffee or tea and I often have a cup of tea in the afternoon (I drink my coffee and tea black). 

 

POMtea

 

The 2nd bottle I tried, which I just cracked open after cleaning for over an hour, was the Pomegranate Wildberry White Tea . I was so thirsty that I could have chugged this down in one gulp.  I did stop to taste it and it is delicious.  I did not find this one to be overly sweet and I would definitely buy this one for myself again.  I do not drink diet drinks anymore (I used to drink them WAY too much but gave them up when I gave up artificial sweeteners). This did not have the taste of a diet drink or a light drink for that matter – it really was great. 

 

DSC04347 

I still have 2 others to sample and I will let you know what I think of them after I do.  Thanks POM Wonderful for sending me these to try.  I am looking forward to tasting the others. 

Other things that I have consumed today:

Berry Oat Bran which contained Vanilla Protein powder, cinnamon, PB2 and Sunflower Seed Butter.

 

DSC04336

 

Carmel Rice Cakes with PB2

 

DSC04345

 

A turkey burger on an english muffin with summer squash and mustard for dipping.

 

DSC04340

 

And a monstrous Honey Crisp apple that I picked at Tougas Farm on Sunday.

 

DSC04342

 

It is almost time to go pick up my little student at school. It is very warm today so I am hoping that he got to play outside for a bit. 

I hope you are enjoying your day.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Hi Sammie!

Your trip to Tougas Farm sounded great. I am planning to go apple picking this weekend (fingers crossed) and I was wondering if you had any recommendations for places. Do you think Tougas is the best or are there other good places? I know some can be really pricey or super-crowded (both things I'm not into). So I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Take care,
Meghan

Sammie said...

Meghan,
I love Tougas even though it is ALWAYS crowded. The orchard is so big that you do not have to worry about it being too difficult to pick apples. The playground is always jammed and the line to order food is very long. We usually do not go for the food, just the picking. I have only been to one other orchard and it was Honey Pot Hill. It was much smaller but still nice.
Sorry that I can't tell you about that many other places. Since we always enjoy Tougas, we have been returning there for our yearly picking and not bothered to shop around. I paid $25 for 1/2 a bushel of apples and I really got tons (they say it is about 20lbs). The peck bag was $15 and it held a lot of apples too. I always go for the big ones but they do have smaller apples which obviously you would be able to fit more into the bag. I hope that helped you out and you enjoy your apple picking where ever you end up going. Definitely let me know if you go to Tougas and what you think of the place.