Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nothing in the Oven Today

I have been on a bread baking streak since Friday but sadly I do not have anything going in the oven today.  I mean, how many loaves of bread can a family of 3 possibly eat in a week.  We now have the Whole Wheat Rolls, Oatmeal Bread and Cinnamon Buns. Actually we also have one slice of the Bran Broom Bread still hanging around too. 

This morning I went to the gym for a workout – I have not been there in a while. I really enjoyed using the free weights – something I miss when I do lots of running outside. 

For breakfast I made another hempseed topped bowl of Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal.  Today I added a drizzle of PB2 before sprinkling on the hempseeds.

 

DSC03957

I cooked up the usual 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk. The addition of the milk really does take the oatmeal to a whole new level of creaminess.  I added the cinnamon and banana during the cooking process, then the toppings are added once the mix is in my bowl. 

I started some lessons with D yesterday – as in school work. We did a few hours yesterday which were a little challenging for us both.  I am by no means a professional teacher so I am trying my best with what I think is the correct way to guide him.  He really wants to learn to read so I am hoping that we can make some progress with that. 

I am off to play teacher for a while.  I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

I've been trying to motivate myself to get back in the gym, but these crisp mornings are perfect for running. I'm doing exercises with free weights, but I really should get in the gym for a heavy duty session. Thanks for the reminder :)

Enjoy your lessons!

HeatherBakes said...

Hey, you can always send some of that bread my way :)

Good luck with the lessons! That's awesome that D actually WANTS to learn to read. Sounds like you have a good student on your hands...

seesaraheat said...

Yummy oatmeal! And good luck with the little guy, I'm sure you both will do great :)