Monday, September 14, 2009

Mommy without D

Happy Monday my friends!!!  I am currently home ALL BY MYSELF (well Otto is still here but he is outside at the moment).  It is definitely strange but I think that I can manage :)

I just spent the last hour and fifteen minutes dusting and vacuuming my entire house.  That includes the three rooms upstairs and the back porch.  Wow I can get a lot accomplished when I am not interrupted every 10 minutes.  I put on some tunes and grooved while I cleaned. 

I dismantled the living room so that I could clean under my furniture – something that is not easy to do with a wee one running amuck. 

 

DSC04151 

Ok, onto the food. 

This morning I headed out for a 7.3 mile run and it was so lovely out.  It was actually perfect running weather.  I wish that it would stay like this all year. 

For breakfast I made the most delicious bowl of oatmeal.  The star ingredient was a super juicy pear that I peeled and chopped before adding to the oats during the cooking process. It was so soft that I was able to mash it into the mix while it cooked. 

 

DSC04134

 

Also in there was 1/2 a cup of the wild Maine blueberries from my Mom, a hefty dose of cinnamon and 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein. 

 

DSC04135

 

Of course I topped it with a thick drizzle of PB2.  Look at that puddle just waiting to be enjoyed.

 

DSC04136

This morning I needed a little snack to tide me over till lunch. Shocking, I know – you would think that bowl of oatmeal would hold me over.  Nope, Sammie needs to refuel like every 3 hours. 

I broke into the Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus today.  Yup, love this one too.

 

DSC04137

 

I had some on Corn Thins.  It is sweet but not overly so.  I highly recommend it.  Then again I highly recommend all the flavors that I have tried. 

 

DSC04140

 

For lunch today I had a whole wheat English muffin (finally found a soy free brand). On one half I had tuna with Swiss cheese and the other half I had a hard boiled egg with Swiss cheese. I stuck it in my little toaster oven to melt the cheese. 

 

DSC04142

 

With it I had a super sweet and juicy apple – tis the season.

 

DSC04141

 

Lastly I tried a new dark chocolate (new to me).  I found this Theo bar at Whole Foods.  To my surprise it is soy free.  I love chocolate and orange so I was super excited that I can actually eat this variety. 

 

 

DSC04146

The bar looks like this. 

 

DSC04149

 

Just the right portion for me.  It is delicious.  I love the intense chocolate flavor with just a hint of orange. 

 

DSC04150

Well that is all for now.  I have to go pick up the D Man soon.  The time flew by.  I hope you have a great afternoon.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

THEO CHOCOLATE!!!!!! I eat it everyday no joke - 4 "lines" of it (so just over 1/2 a bar) each day :)

VeggieGirl said...

P.S. - I'm declaring this just to prove how much I love the brand, and that's cool that you like it too, haha :-D

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

It's odd without the kiddos, huh? Today was GG's first day, and Livy was like, "I get Mommy ALL TO MYSELF?" I too was surprised at how fast the time went!