Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Last Flavor

 

Well I finally dug into the last flavor Dessert Hummus – Caramel Apple.

 

DSC04351

 

There are actual little dried apple pieces throughout this spread.  Surprisingly, I did not find them to be that palatable.  I really liked the smoothness that the other flavors delivered. The flavor was good -  sweet but not outrageously so.  This one is my least favorite flavor of the bunch – I probably would not buy it.  The other flavors that I tried really were incredibly delicious and I would buy them if they were in my local supermarket.  My favorite out of the group is definitely the Toasted Almond, closely followed by the Pumpkin Pie. 

 

DSC04349

 

This morning I hit up the gym for my workout.  I did 20 minutes on the Step Mill, 20 minutes on the Elliptical (with moving handles) and a 20 minute run on the Treadmill.  I followed up the cardio with weights.  I mainly focused on chest, triceps, legs and abs.  I left feeling fully energized and ready for the day.

Breakfast was a fluffy bowl of blueberry oat bran.

1/2 cup oat bran

water

1/2 a scoop Vanilla Jay Robb Rice Protein Powder

lots of cinnamon

1 cup frozen blueberries (stirred in at the end)

Toppings:

PB2

1 tablespoon Sunflower Seed Butter

 

DSC04357

 

It was super creamy and very tummy satisfying.

Today D and I are heading to a friends house for the afternoon.  It has been a while since he last saw Ethan and D has been asking for him.  It looks like we are going to have another beautiful day so we might take the boys to the park. 

I hope you have a great one. 

2 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

I'm drooling over your breakie!

I'm curious as to what you do for weight exercises. I'm always looking for new things to add for my own routine.

Enjoy the nice weather today!

glidingcalm said...

Your Oat bran looks awesome!!

Dessert Hummus is still such a weird concept to me....maybe I just need to give it a shot!

HAVE A GREAT DAY SAMMIE! :)