Tuesday, September 29, 2009

He’s Turning Me into a Coffee Junky

Why does my child not sleep through the night anymore?  He is waking me up EVERY night. Whether it is because he has to go to the bathroom – can he not just walk downstairs and do his business by himself?  Or he needs a drink – another task he is fully capable of doing on his own.  Ever since we put a stop to letting him sleep in our bed, we have been paying the price – that would be lack of ZZZZZZZZ’s.  He does sneak in after I leave for the gym so this morning he woke me up at 3 AM and asked me if I was getting up – um, NO!!!  He then kept coming in my room with some excuse to talk to me.  By the time my alarm was going to go off, I was so ready to not be in my bed anymore.  He seriously will stand next to my bed and say “mommy I really need to tell you something – I love you.”  I know it sounds cute and all but I really just want to get some sleep.

All that being said – I am turning into a coffee junky.  I actually had a cup yesterday afternoon and I was fully able to go to bed at 9 last night.  I am still loving my French Press coffee maker and I have quite the collection of coffees to choose from.  My latest addition is Blueberry Cobbler. 

This morning I drank 2 cups of coffee – something that I NEVER do anymore.  I try to limit my caffeine consumption to 1 cup in order to avoid the shakes but I just could not help myself.  So far I am ok but I am going to make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the morning – that usually helps me avoid the jitters too. 

Obviously I booked it to the gym as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning.  I did a 5 mile run and 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer (with moving handles).  I ventured into the weight room for a great strength training session.  I pulled out a few oldie but goodie moves today – Reverse Crossover Lunge being one I have not done in a while.  I ended with some foam rolling before heading home. 

Breakfast was a bowl of Blueberry Oat Bran topped with the same Fall flavors as yesterday. 

 

DSC04443

 

I am a complete Sunflower Seed butter convert.  Peanut butter just does not compare anymore. 

 

 

DSC04445

 

This yumminess was the perfect start to my day (along with the coffee).  I am hoping that the 2 cups of caffeine will keep me bright eyed.

I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Awww...your son is adorable. I'm sorry about the lack of sleep though.

Great workout session!

HeatherBakes said...

Oh no! But hey, at least you got him in his own bed. My brother would wander downstairs in the middle of the night and climb in with my parents until he was like 12.

Yum- blueberry cobbler coffee sounds amazing!! I'm all for the flavored coffees.

Julie said...

Hey at least he's not crying and fighting you do sleep in your bed right?! But I'm sure the lack of sleep would be just the same. Stinky.

Hmm...I've alwasy been curious about sunflower seed nut butter. What is the taste/texture like? Does it separate? I need some new nut butters...the old standards of pb/ab/cashew butter are getting old.