Tuesday, September 15, 2009

He Introduced Me

Before I met Charlie I had never even heard of tabouli.  He introduced me to it by making me a hummus, tabouli and cucumber wrap – one of the few things my hubby can make, he is not that kitchen savvy.  Now that I am back to eating wheat I can enjoy the deliciousness of that refreshing salad once again.  

Last night, for dinner, I made a wrap that contained hummus, tabouli and cucumber but I added some chicken breast for a little extra protein.  I threw in a handful of baby romaine for some more crunch. On the side I ate the cuke that would not fit into the wrap. I have to peel and seed it – I get a belly ache if I don’t.

 

DSC04155

 

Dessert was a HUGE peach – they have some beasts on sale at the grocery store this week.  I also had 2 rice cakes with Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus – this stuff is going fast and I just opened it.

 

 DSC04159 

 

This morning I hit up the gym for some cardio and a fabulous weight training session. I am going to make it a point to do more weights.  I was a slacker this summer since I was doing a lot of running outside. I can really feel my body respond to the weights – I love that pumped feeling in my muscles. 

I made the same bowl of oatmeal for breakfast that I had yesterday.  It was so yummy that I had to repeat it.  My stomach was growling and I could not wait to dig in.

 

DSC04163

 

I have something fun planned for me and D this afternoon so I need to get my butt in gear.  I'll fill you in with details later.  I hope you have a fabulous day.

Has anyone introduced you to a food that you had never tried and ended up loving it? Or hating it? 

3 comments:

Erica said...

Mmmm I love tabouli (I had some this weekend- totally delicious). I need to try dessert hummus. My mom does NOT like brussel sprouts, so I never ate them growing up. Once I met Josh, he made me eat them and now I'm in lurve ;)

Steph said...

Pears are one of the best fruits in oatmeal. Your tabouli wrap looks amazing!

My fiancee introduced me to Kombucha a few years ago. He should have never done that!!

carolinebee said...

So much stuff from blogland, like sweet potatoes and greek yogurt..haha and now I can't live without them! Your weekend sounded great- first the random rain, then today it was scorching, this weather will take some getting used to for this CA girl :D