Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Flavor

A great way to get your tastebuds into the Fall spirit is to crack open a jar of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter.

 

DSC04433

 

And eat a spoonful on top of your oat bran.

That is what I did for my breakfast this morning after my fabulous workout at the gym.  It added just enough sweetness to the mix and a perfect blend of spices to really remind my of Fall. 

 

DSC04420

 

For my workout this morning I did my favorite 20,20,20 combo.  That would be 20 minutes on the Stair Climber, 20 minutes on the Elliptical (with moving handles) and a 20 minute run on the Treadmill.  I followed that up with free weights. It was a great variety and I left the gym feeling ready to get the day going.  Good thing too - I had to babysit this morning so I really needed the pep in my step.  I was asked to switch days this week so I now have Wednesday off. It works out well this week since D has today off from school.  That will be one less day of craziness for me seeing as I am cleaning on Friday.  Remember the madness that comes with that. 

When we got home I was really in need of some food.  Instead of just having a snack, I made an early lunch. 

I made tuna salad with a tbsp of 365 Light Mayo and a little peeled & chopped apple. I drank 2 servings of veggies too.

 

DSC04424

 

That would be eight ounces of V8 – I forgot how much I like this stuff.

 

DSC04434

 

I ate the rest of the apple dusted with cinnamon along with a TJ’s Whole Wheat Bagel and a tbsp Pumpkin Butter.

 

 

DSC04426

 

The D Man has had a pretty icky cough the past few days but is not acting sick otherwise.  I think that today we will take it easy. I am hoping that by the time he has school again he will be better. 

I hope you have a great day. 

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter = definitely a true sign of the autumn season :)

Hope little D feels 100% better soon!

Steph said...

I just bought my first jar of the season! I can't wait to dig in:)