Friday, September 25, 2009

Drink My Greens

Good evening blog friends. I hope that your Friday has been going well.  I got to hang with Pirate D this morning.  I really never know who I am going to meet up with in my house.  

 

pirateD

I started my day super early with a great workout at the gym.  I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical (with moving handles) and then I did a 30 minute walking hill climb on the Treadmill – it was great.  I finished with a great round of weights and lots of stretching – foam rolling is still working well for me.  Someone asked what I do for weights. I am a big fan of dumbbells and kettlebells. I do use some of the machines for a few leg exercises but other than those few, I don’t find them to be as effective.  To work my abs, I do a lot of sit-ups on the decline bench and hanging crunches.  I have been a gym junky for so many years that I pretty much know my way around the place blindfolded. I don’t have anything written down on paper that I do each day but I do not work the same muscle groups on back-to-back days.  The routine I have going works for me. 

After hitting the shower it was oat bran time.  This was the same mix as yesterday but I used 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries instead of just blueberries.  It was fabulous.

 

 

DSC04371

 

Today I actually drank some greens.  I finally decided to purchase Amazing Grass Green Super Foods – Berry flavor.  After reading the benefits of wheat grass, I thought that I would give it a try and see how my body likes it.  The taste is not anything terrific but I think that I will be able to handle it.  It definitely tastes like grass.  D was like “what is that you are drinking Mommy? I am NOT drinking that.”  I informed him that I was not going to make him drink it, it is for me only.  He said that he doesn’t like grass so I can have it all for myself. 

 

 

DSC04377

 

For lunch I mixed a pouch of Pillar Rock Salmon with a little peeled & chopped apple and a tablespoon 365 Light Mayo.

 

 

DSC04378

 

I know it doesn’t look like anything fancy but it really did taste great.  I love this brand of salmon.  It has a great flavor and not at all fishy (a few I have tried in the past have been a bit strong for my palate).

 

DSC04384

 

I ate my salmon salad on a whole wheat english muffin.

 

 

DSC04382

 

I also consumed the remainder of the apple and a few pieces of summer squash.

 

DSC04380

 

My dinner featured a Chicken Apple Sausage Patty by Wellshire.

 

DSC04386

 

Are you ready for my masterpiece?  I cooked 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with water and cinnamon.  I then added a cooked apple (peeled, chopped, sprinkled with cinnamon and cooked in the microwave for a few minutes). Once the oats were in my bowl, I added the sausage patty which I chopped into bite size pieces.  Lastly I added a tablespoon of Sunflower Seed Butter and PB2.  Yes, I eat strange things, but I am not kidding you – this was delicious!!

 

 

DSC04390

 

It isn’t even 7:30 yet and I am already in my jammies.  I am such an old lady.  D and I have a busy day tomorrow so I am planning on hitting the hay early. We are going to King Richard’s Faire with my sis and her family.  Charlie has plans so D and I will be having some Mommy/Son fun.  I hope you have a great night.

1 comment:

MelissaNibbles said...

I work near King Richards Faire and see the people that work there walking around town all the time...in full costume! They're a hoot! I hope you have fun!

Thank you for answering my weight question. I need to try my hand at the kettleball weights.