Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Best Salad of 2009

 

My dinner tonight was, by far, my best salad creation of 2009.  I was in such a mood for a little of this and a little of that so I tossed it all together and made one MONSTER of a meal.

 

salad1

 

I love, love, love fruit in my salad.

 

salad2

 

This baby had grapes and peaches.  I also adore brown rice with my salad. I cooked it and then let it cool before adding 1/2 a cup to the top of my mound of deliciousness.

 

brownrice

 

Other goodies that made their way onto my plate – lettuce, summer squash, chick peas, avocado, baby portabellas, 2 hard boiled egg whites, muenster cheese, fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. 

I was way to excited to sit down to dinner.  I was eating solo so at least I had something tasty to look forward to.  This salad seriously rocked. 

 

salad

 

Something else that I ate today that was super fabulous – Honey Oikos with hempseeds.

Honey + hempseeds = delicious.  They are a match made for each other.  

 

DSC03960

 

Today the lessons went rather well.  D did not complain at all.  He actually kept asking to do another page – how long will that last? He has really gotten good at writing his name and he is doing much better at making 2’s, 3’s and 8’s (numbers that were giving him trouble yesterday – we still need to work on his 5’s).  I must say, my boy learns quickly.  I am sure it helps that we spent 3 1/2 hours learning all kinds of great stuff today.  Needless to say, I am rather beat.  I am heading to bed ASAP – like as soon as I hit publish. 

I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

That salad looks DELISH! My fav way to eat rice is in a salad :) I think I amy have to have a salad for lunch today..