Sunday, September 13, 2009

And the Visit has ended

Hello blog friends. How has your weekend been?  I really enjoyed having my Mom staying at my house the past 2 days.  Always so sad to see her leave.

Yesterday the Gang (that would be my sis & her family, me & my guys and Mimi & Papa) decided to nix the Canobie Lake idea since it was raining and venture to an indoor entertainment facility.  We started with a game of laser tag – what a blast.  We then bowled for an hour and lastly we hit up the arcade for a few games.  It was a great time – the adults had just as much fun as the kiddies. 

Last night my mom, my sis and I went to the movies to see Julie & Julia. The movie was great but honestly I really enjoyed reading the book much more.  My mom highly recommends that I now read My Life in France by Julia Child.  Maybe now that I have some free time during the week, I might be able to actually finish a book within a reasonable time frame.  

Today we all headed over to Nana’s house and my mom and Papa departed from there. 

 

Me with my mom and niece.

 

Mimi2

 

My Nana

 

Nana

 

Papa with his boys.

 

 Papa&hisboys

 

The inseparable D & R.

 

 D&R 

It was hard to say goodbye but thankfully Mimi and Papa will be back in a few weeks to celebrate my niece's 10th birthday.  

When I got home I was really in the mood to bake so I made a batch of Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins.  I followed this recipe that I saw here

 

DSC04130

 

I sampled one while it was still warm.  These are not a sweet muffin but I LOVE the flavor.  I am hoping that the carrots agree with my tummy.  They are on my “do not eat” list but I am hoping that since they are cooked and tiny, my system can handle it. 

 

 

DSC04132

D has his second day of school tomorrow.  I am hoping that the weather is nice and they will take the kids out to the playground.  He really needs outdoor play – it releases a ton of his energy.  He played outside with Rocco this afternoon and was so tired that while we were playing UNO (Mimi taught him how to play this weekend), he actually wanted to stop in the middle of our game and go to bed.  Granted, we were on our like our 6th game of the night.

Well time for this mama to go relax.  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments: