Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Working Late

Sorry this is going to be a quickie, Charlie just walked in the door.  My poor guy ended up working late and then he was sweet enough to pickup something at the grocery store for me.   I needed one ingredient to make the strawberry sauce for the cheesecake. 

I started with a delicious bowl of oatmeal after my 6.6 mile run in the great outdoors this morning.  Then it was off to the gym for my weekly babysitting shift. 

 

DSC03634    

Lunch was a salad – red pepper, tomato, zucchini, summer squash, jicama, avocado, balsamic and a dash of salt.

 

DSC03636

 

I also consumed some soaked oats mixed with plain greek yogurt, cinnamon, 1/2 a pear and 1/2 a peach. 

I gotta get my grains and oats work best for me.

 

DSC03638

 

Then it was cheesecake baking time. 

D passed the time with some computer action. 

 

compute

 

He didn’t want to stop looking at the screen long enough for me to snap a shot. 

 

compute2

 

Gotcha!!! 

 compute3 

I followed the King Arthur Flour recipe for an original cheesecake.  Here is the crust. 

 

DSC03640

 

All pressed in the pan.  It is not the traditional graham cracker crush but more of a pie dough variety. 

 

DSC03641

 

All the cheesecake goods. 

 

DSC03648

 

The finished product sans the strawberry sauce that I have yet to make.  I am serving it on the side per their request.

 

 DSC03663

 

I whipped up something fun for myself tonight.  I made a cinnamon apple topping for my vanilla frozen yogurt. 

    DSC03659

 

I cooked a peeled, cored and chopped apple in a nonstick pan until it was soft but not mushy.  I added cinnamon at the end of the cooking process.

 

DSC03664

 

It was so tasty and simple to make.

 

DSC03666

 

That is it my friends. I have a little monkey that needs to get to bed.  I hope you had a fabulous day.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is the most perfect looking home made cheese cake I have ever seen.