Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why am I such a softy

There will come a day when I will no longer wake up from a sound sleep due to the fact that a certain little person is kicking me in the head.  I am way to soft – I can’t give him the boot from my bed.  He keeps telling me that my bed is more comfortable than his and honestly, it is.  Some people say to just walk him back to his room in the middle of the night when he comes in.  Well this kid has it down to a science.  He tip toes in and does not make a peep.  I never even know that he is in my bed until I get the occasional beating.  By that time he is fast asleep. I know, I know, I could just carry him back to his own room – see I am way too soft.  The lack of sleep I am getting is my own fault.  Oh well, rant over. 

So this morning, due to the horrible nights sleep I got, I did not fit in a workout while my guys snoozed.  I tried to catch a few extra zzzzz’s myself.  I was semi successful. 

Now doesn’t he look like man who got plenty of rest.

 

breakfast

“Come on Mommy – stop taking so many pictures of me.”  Yes, I am a little camera crazy.  At least I will have photo memories. 

breakfast2

 

Breakfast of oaty goodness – Cinnamon Banana bowl of fluff.  My tummy was happy. 

 

DSC03604

We then hit up the gym.  I did a 20, 20, 20 workout while my sidekick did his thing in the kids room.  I spent 20 minutes running, 20 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes on the Step Mill. I also did a few weight lifting exercises and some mat work.  When I picked up the little monkey he was in disguise.  The face painting babysitter was there today.  He had a green ring around one eye, a blue ring around the other and a yellow ring around his mouth.  He made up some superhero. I was supposed to guess his name but I never did and he wanted the paint off when we walked in the door.  Man that stuff does not come off easy.  I thought that I was going to peel his skin off.  He was cool with the blue and green eyebrows but I was not.  I scrubbed a little harder and thankfully the multi colored caterpillars over his eyes are now gone. 

For lunch I made a yummy salad.  I no longer need dressing – mashing the avocado works wonders.  In my bowl was red pepper, zucchini, summer squash, 1/2 an avocado and swiss cheese. I added a dash of salt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.  I mix everything and mash the avocado a bit and viola, a dressed salad.  

DSC03607

 

I hope you are having a great day. I am off to see what kind of trouble D and I can get in to. 

If you want the chance to score some loot, head over to the lovely Heather Bakes site for a yummy foodie giveaway.  Congrats on 100,000 hits Mama-to-Be!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE that you're camera crazy when the subject matter (D) is so cute!!!! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiich fact makes the following question a bit awkward for me to ask, and maybe people have already brought this up to you, but what do you think D will think of having all these pics of himself as a very young boy on the internet when he is older? Like when his highschool buddies can look up pictures of him prancing around in his jammies when he's 4, etc?

Olivia said...

I'm just as much of a softy. B shows up in my bed sometime during the night/early morning on an almost daily basis, and so long as he crawls in and sleeps I let him. It really won't be that long before crawling into bed with Mommy and cuddling up to get some more sleep will be the LAST thing he'll ever want to do. So for now I'll take it. :)

Olivia said...

Oh, and to the previous comment - I'm pretty sure in this computer/social networking world we live in now just about all of his friends will have the same (if not worse) pics of themselves on the internet too. :)

Sammie said...

Olivia,
Thanks for the feedback. It is nice to snuggle with him while he still actually thinks mommy & daddy are cool. And I agree, I really don't think that he will care about the pictures. I really have not put up embarrassing ones. I think it will be cool that he can see himself at 3 and what he was doing. I hope you guys are having fun at the beach. Give the little ones hugs & kisses for me.