Monday, August 31, 2009

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread

So I had success in my kitchen today.  It really amazes me that I start with a ball of dough that looks like this……………..

 

DSC03936

 

…………….and end up with a gorgeous loaf of bread. 

 

DSC03946

 

This big boy is not only full of healthy and fiberific whole wheat, it also contains lots of oatmeal.  The soaker consisted of 1 1/3 cups oats soaked in milk overnight. 

 

 DSC03943

 

I had two pieces of it with mozzarella cheese, an egg and zucchini “fries” for dinner tonight.  Even thought the bread looks heavy and thick, it is very moist and has a great chewy texture. I think that D is really going to like this bread.

 

DSC03950

 

For lunch I actually had some of the Bran Broom Bread I made last week.  This bread is super yummy too.  I melted some muenster cheese on one piece (the other slice had un-melted muenster), along with a side of veggies – red pepper, zucchini and summer squash. 

 

 DSC03939 

 

I also had a plain Chobani with a tablespoon of hempseeds. This combo was fabulous. I love the little crunchy texture they added to the creamy yogurt. 

 

DSC03938

 

So I think that I found something else that causes havoc to my skin – Palm Oil.  I received some samples of Barney Butter at the Healthy Living Summit and I ate it a couple times.  Well I have some serious cysts forming on my face – not a pretty sight. Plus they are SOOOOOO painful.  I have not been eating soy so it has to be something new.  I am now remembering that my skin was not doing well when I ate the PB & Company products (I cut them out a while ago since I was unsure about Palm Oil). I am positive that it was the palm oil because I woke up with the new creatures the day after I ate the Barney Butter.  I really hope these things heal soon – they really are painful. 

Well that is all for tonight.  I hope you had a great day.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Hope your skin feels better soon! I've had lots of skin issues in my life so I know how uncomfortable it can be.

Your breads look awesome! Jack is more the baker than I am, but he's been so busy at work I may have to try my hand at some. I do love fresh baked bread.

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Palm oil...really? Interesting. Oh well, the almond butter made with just almonds is much better anyway, don't ya think? Cheaper too.

Your bread turned out beautifully Sammie. I bet your house smelled amazing!

Sheri said...

Your breads just look awesome! Your house must just smell amazing after baking that!