Saturday, August 1, 2009

We had a Date

Sorry for my lack of appearance yesterday.  It was a run around crazy day followed by some much needed “me” time.  D and I got caught in torrential  downpours when we went out to Target.  Even thought we were under an umbrella, we still managed to get soaked.  Now ordinarily I would find this annoying but since I was with D and he was having so much fun splashing through the puddles (thank goodness for Crocs), I could not help but enjoy myself too.  Oh the joys of being a kid.  I swear that I could have rung 2 cups of water out of our clothes by the time we made it to our truck. 

Charlie went out last night with my sis’s husband so it was just me and my sidekick ALL day.  What to do??? We went out on a date to the movies. 

 

movie

We went to see Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs.  D got a bag of popcorn and enjoyed the show.

 

movie3

It was a good date.  He even thanked me for going to the movies with him – too cute!

 

movie2

When we got home it was just about time for the little man to hit the hay.  After reading him a few stories and singing his three favorite night time songs (twice), it was “me” time.  I had a 20 minute date with Jillian (level 2). 

I then looked through the on demand movies -----------------------

 

DSC03230

-------- and opted for a non animated movie - Confessions of a Shopaholic.

 

DSC03231

I enjoyed a bowl of Stonyfield Farm frozen yogurt while watching my movie.  It was a great ending to my Friday. 

 

DSC03232

I just got back from my run and I desperately need to hit the shower.  Then it is oatmeal time – my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  I need to get a move on because we have to be out of the house by 8:30 – D has karate this morning. 

I hope you have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Erica said...

What a spectacular day with D :) Kids seem to do such a great job of reminding us to relax and enjoy the little things in life!!

allijag said...

what a handsome little date :)