Monday, August 17, 2009

A Trip to Target Makes D Better

I did not tell D about his appointment until this morning because I knew how he would react.  Yes, tears were shed even before we got to the office.  I knew that a trip to Target would be in order once we were finished. 

When we went into the exam room he seemed much happier.

 

doctor 

But he kept asking if he was going to have to have a blood test.  Poor kid has had so many test the last few months – I don’t blame him for wanting to be left alone.

 

doctor2   

The doctor informed me that ALL the tests that they have performed came back negative and that D looks GREAT.  He actually gained weight since his last appointment.  He said that D probably had a virus (a pretty icky one at that), which took a few months to exit his system.  All his symptoms point to that diagnosis.  He did ask for a blood test just to make sure that the inflammation is still not present.  D was not a happy camper.  Let me tell you, it took all my strength to hold him so they could draw some blood – he was FREAKING OUT!!!! 

Look at those sad eyes – breaks my heart.  He was happy to get a lollypop when he was all done.

 

doctor3

 

Not happy with the boo-boo.  A trip to Target made him feel better. A few movie Cars characters later and he was laughing again. 

 

doctor4

 

On the drive home he passed out.  He had a rough morning.

 

doctor5

 

That can not be comfy. 

 

doctor6

 

Onto a foodie note, I made two lovely salads today.  One for me and one for Charlie. 

Mine contained lettuce, zucchini, summer squash, grape tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado, swiss cheese, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of course sea salt.  I usually do not salt anything but I tried a tiny shake of salt on my salad the other day and it really brought out the flavor.  When using the course sea salt, I get an occasional bite with a little crunchy salt crystal which is a mouth pleaser in deed.  

This salad was a winner.

 

DSC03593

Charlie’s salad contained lettuce, cucumber, black olives, hard boiled eggs, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. 

It was way to hot today to even think about making a hot dinner.  Thankfully my hubs does not mind a veggie-riffic meal. 

 

DSC03599

Time to get my little sweet tart into bed.  He has had a lot of excitement the past few days.  He woke up coughing this morning so I want him in bed early – I don’t want him to get sick. 

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

megan said...

Trips to Target always make me feel better!

Love the salads!

*Erica* said...

What a day! I'm so glad that everything seems to be on the upswing. Our poor babies getting stuck today...boohoo. Those sad eyes say it all... And no, it can't be comfortable sleeping like that, I don't know how kids do it! I remember thinking that mine were going to wake up with the worst crooked neck but they never did...amazing. Glad the busy day is winding down for us both now!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

You know I'm a mommy when that picture of a teary D made me completely well up. I'm so glad everything is okay. I hate nasty viruses! And happy belated birthday! Welcome to 30.

allijag said...

Aww - he is so precious. Poor guy - he really is a trooper though! :) I'm really glad the final verdict is everything is okay and he's on the mend!