Friday, August 7, 2009

Sand Art

I must make this a quickie. Today is a cleaning day and I need to get my butt out the door soon. 

Yesterday afternoon D and I checked out a fairly new art store.  To my surprise, they have walk-in studio ALL DAY.  D really wanted to get his hands into something artsy so he chose to make a Sand Art picture.

I drew the skull but the spider was already sketched on the board for him to decorate.  With a little instruction from the woman working at the store and mommy, D ended up making a really cool masterpiece. 

We can’t wait to go back and check out the other projects that the store offers.

 

sandart

For dinner I made D a pizza and he had some strawberries too.

He was trying to show me his winking skills.

 

wink

I made myself a massive bowl of cooked veggies (red pepper, zucchini, summer squash, acorn squash & canned diced tomatoes).  I added kidney beans and cottage cheese for protein and hummus for some extra creaminess and flavor.

 

DSC03394

Look who has a serious case of bedhead this morning. 

 

crazyhair2 

He is such a cutie pie and of course a major goofball. 

 

crazyhair

After my run this morning (6.5 miles), I made a tummy filling bowl of oats.  I need it to stay with me through cleaning which takes me over 2 hours.

I added 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein to the mix this morning. I am hoping that the extra protein will add some staying power.  I skipped the blueberries and it was still just as delicious. 

The PB2, banana, cinnamon and vanilla flavors mingled nicely – YUM!!!!!

 

DSC03402

Time to scrub and dub.  Have a fabulous Friday.

3 comments:

seesaraheat said...

I still need to try that PB too, I'd better get on it! Happy cleaning day :)

polly said...

hi honey!!!!!!!!!!

I just caught up on EVERYTHING and loved your date night!! That fish looked heavenly and love the ones of D. He looks so happy and healhty. Is he feeling good again, cause he sure looks adorable as ever. Love you, my friend. XOXO

Anna said...

Your veggies and hummus look SO good. I love hummus and pretty much eat a small tub a week! It helps to add flavor and bulk up meals.
D is so cute :)