Friday, August 14, 2009

Out With a Bang

Happy Friday!! The sun is shining here this morning and we are in for a beautiful day. I was up early and decided to end my twenties with a bang.  I hit the pavement for a rather chilly run.  It was actually cold enough that my hands started to feel numb. 

Here are my stats:

distance: 10 miles

time: 1 hour and 27 minutes

calories burned: 913

It was a glorious run and I am happy that I still got it.  I can not remember the last time I did a run over 8 miles. As soon as I made it back to my house I chugged down some Smart Water. I have found that if I do not get some sort of electrolyte replacement in my system after my workouts, I get very shaky and I start to feel lightheaded. Smart Water has really worked for me. 

 

DSC03498

After a good scrub down it was breakfast time.  Today I made a bowl of oatmeal chock full of flavors. My mouth was in heaven. 

I present you with Strawberry Banana Oats with a hint of Cinnamon, Coconut and Peanut Butter.

 

DSC03494

 

I started by making my usual batch of stovetop oats (with water).  During the cooking process I mashed in a banana and added a good heap of cinnamon.  Once the oatmeal had absorbed all the liquid, it was time to kill the heat and add a few frozen strawberries.  As the berries thaw, I mash them up but make sure to still leave a few chunks (I like a little texture).  I topped this mouth watering bowl of creamy goodness with Coconut Butter and PB2.

 

DSC03495

So I started my day with a great run and an amazing breakfast.  How about you? What was on the menu at your house for breakfast today? I was the only one eating oats. D ate a waffle and Charlie had his usual bowl of Weetabix drizzled with honey. 

I hope you have a great day.  See you later friends. 

5 comments:

polly said...

Happy early birthday, SAMMIE SWEETNESS!!!!!! I loved the recap of D meeting Jenna (another sister of mine) and you are just a peach. So love you and hope tomorrow brings you as much joy as your face shows when you are with your boys. You know my hugs travel at the speed of light, so here is one NOW. smoooooosh.


XOXO Pol

polly said...

Happy early birthday, SAMMIE SWEETNESS!!!!!! I loved the recap of D meeting Jenna (another sister of mine) and you are just a peach. So love you and hope tomorrow brings you as much joy as your face shows when you are with your boys. You know my hugs travel at the speed of light, so here is one NOW. smoooooosh.


XOXO Pol

Anna said...

I had my usual- cereal with rice milk and fruit. Today it was a nectarine! I try to think of new things to eat for breakfast, but when it comes down to it I just like my cereal :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi, just found your blog and LOVE it. As a stay at mom who loves eating healthy and working out I have enjoyed reading your post!!

ratzxfink said...

Happy Birthday Sammie! glad you managed to spend your birthday the way you had wished... at the summit!!! :P