Thursday, August 20, 2009

It’s a Lychee Nut

Today D was all about taping notes to the front door.  He really wanted them on the outside – can you imaging what passers by would think of our door if it looked like this?  He was drawing X’s which meant DO NOT ENTER.  Except for daddy, of course. 

 

DSC03699

 

He also did a few doodles.  This is lychee nuts inside a lemur’s stomach – he has some imagination. He happens to be a big fan of The Penguins of Madagascar and I think they were eating lychee nuts in an episode he recently watched.  The things he picks up from television always amazes me. 

 

DSC03700    

This afternoon we did head down to visit Charlie at work. It was our first time in his new office. 

 

daddy's office 

D was impressed by the two large monitors.

daddy's office1 

He got to play a few games on daddy’s computer before we left.

daddy's office2 

Sometimes my man works at a desk, other times he is about 500 feet in the air – YIKES!!!! 

Stacked

I packed our lunches and hit the road – it is about an hour drive. 

We enjoyed eating with Charlie and his coworkers.  I packed a salad – red pepper, zucchini, summer squash, jicama, chick peas, avocado and balsamic vinegar.

 

_SC03681 

Along with a sliced apple and Vanilla Chobani Yogurt. 

_SC03680

The cheesecake was a HIT!!!  I got so many compliments on it and they all kept saying how much they enjoy everything that I bake.  Knowing how much my goods are appreciated makes me feel great.

Dinner was another salad – red pepper, zucchini, summer squash, chopped plum, swiss cheese and balsamic vinegar. The sweetness from the plum really added a nice contrast to the veggies. 

 

DSC03692

 

I ate the rest of the plum with soaked oats.  I mixed the oats with a Honey flavored Oikos before adding the plum.  This was thick and creamy – one of my favorite combos.

 

DSC03694

 

Time to get my little sweet tart into bed.  Tomorrow is a cleaning day so I need to get to bed early myself. 

I will leave you with a picture of my little cucumber eater.  I have finally stumbled onto a veg that he will eat everyday without complaint. 

 

cuke

Have a great night.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Charlie, do not show that picture to your mother!

Dad

Charlie said...

Ha! Don't worry Pops, Sam was making a joking exaggeration by making it sound like I go up there often. I am in no hurry to go back!

Anna said...

Looks like you have an artist on your hands!! So cute!!