Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He loves dirt

Good evening, I hope you all had a great day. 

This morning D and I took a walk to the bookstore and did some browsing.  I told him he could get a snack while we were there. Of course he chose a cookie the size of his head.  The kid has self control and only ate half.  I bought a new bread baking book – Peter Reinhart’s Whole Grain Breads.  I am already in love with it and I have something already started.  I really do love to bake bread – probably my favorite thing ever.  

The walk was glorious even though it was HOT!

When we got home it was way past lunch time so I whipped up something fast.  D had grilled cheese and I had sliced veggies, mozzarella cheese and avocado on my homemade whole wheat bread. 

I also had a plain Chobani and an apple but this was much prettier to photograph.

 

DSC03843

After lunch we went out in the backyard.  My child LOVES dirt!!!  He seriously would spend all day rolling in it if I let him.  You have no idea how hard it is for me to watch him make such a mess. Yes, I am a bit of a clean freak but I just have to let him be a boy. 

“Mommy don’t freak out, it is just dirt.” 

 

dirtdirt2dirt3

He was racing his cars in the dirt.  That is when the huge dust cloud surrounded him.  He looked like Pigpen from Charlie Brown. 

 

dirt4

 

Eventually the cars ended up submerged and he lost them. Thankfully Mommy was able to recover them.

 

 dirt5 

Finally he started rolling in the dirt and he was covered from head to toe. That was about all I could take so it was into the shower to clean up Mr. Grubby.  I am not joking, I had to soap him up twice in order to get all the black off – he was FILTHY!!! 

Then I made him a milkshake.

 

clean

And he gave himself a brain freeze.

 

brainfreeze

Later I took him to my hairdresser for a haircut and look who was under all that hair.

Does he not look 2 years older?  I almost cried. Ok, so yes I am going to have to say this because he is my son – Man is this kid handsome!!!! He is growing up too fast. 

 

sogrownup

Now for the winner of the Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce.

Meredith who said her favorite condiment is horseradish mustard.

Congrats Meredith! E-mail me your address and I will send your bottle of sauce. 

Well that is all for today. Time to go wash this face mask off – it is feeling a bit tight.  Then I am going to go flip through my new bread baking book – it is full of so much great info.  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Evenin'.....um, yeah, so I wish your blog was actually a podcast, becaues I would get such a kick to hear your accent tell us about the haircut and dirt emotions. It's mildly creepy the affinity I feel for a total stranger....anyway, in answer to this morning's query: I do enjoy me a good workout DVD from time to time. I often modify them, but find them so useful to use for workout "company" and also as timers (like 30 second intervals or minute intervals or whatever). For example, I am in love with the cindy whitmarsh full length abs and arm series from exercisetv. One of the arms ones is around 11 minutes long and then other one is around 20. Here's what I do: if I do the 11 minute one, then I simply do it five times in a row and if I do the 20 min one, I do it three times. So each workout ends up to be about an hour long and I always keep the weights in hand to do windchops while the pre-clip ads play, so I get my heart rate up in the beinning and in the intervals when I'm waiting for the program to restart. Anytime she uses one weight I use two, and she often gives more advanced options as she goes along, but if you're knowing to expect them, you can do the advanced version from the get go. I highly, highly recommend them. They're free on exercicetv.com (I think it'd dotcom? A google search will led you there at any rate). If you try them out, please review them for us/give me your opinion on them. Also, I don't know the Chalemene dvds you referenced earlier? details?

Melissa said...

Your son is adorable! As far as your last post, I LOVE Jillian Michaels. I think she is AMAZING! Right now, her dvd's are on exercisetv so since they're "free" which makes them even better!!! I haven't looked at the other videos yet, but I will definitely look into them! Is there a big difference?

ratzxfink said...

D is so cute and cool! he looks dashing in his new cut but you know what? i like him in his "let-lose" hair too!!! in fact i prefer him in that, :) so funky and cool! :P

Sammie said...

Julia,
Chalene Johnson is the mastermind behind Turbo Jam/ Turbo Kick. It is a really great workout. I used to take a class at the gym but can no longer make it on Sat. AM (D has karate) so I purchased the at home version. She is so energetic and fun - the workout flies by.

Sammie said...

Melissa,
I think the 2 workouts are a bit different. Each instructor has a unique style. Both of them really know how to deliver a great workout.

allijag said...

I love D's haircut! So handsome!

Those first few pictures of him outside look "magazine quality" - you have a little model on your hands :)

Olivia said...

D looks really cute (and yes, older) with his haircut. Course I always think he looks cute...:)

B likes to tell me, when I comment on him getting really dirty, "It's ok Mommy, you can give me a bath and wash it off. Don't worry." It's good we have our kids to keep us grounded.