Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Great Day for Baking

Today is much cooler here in MA.  Yesterday we were literally melting into puddles and today I could easily be comfortable in pants. 

I did have to wear a jacket and pants when I went out for my run this morning.  My hands were even a bit numb when I got back to my house.  It was a great 6.5 mile run and honestly I much prefer running with a slight chill in the air.  I do enjoy the warmth of Summer but Fall is my favorite time of the year.  

Breakfast this morning was rather Fall inspired – Apple Cinnamon Oats.

 

DSC03872

 

I added cooked chopped apple pieces to the oats during the cooking process. I left the skin on the apple this time and it did not cause a funny texture.  The end result was very palatable.

 

DSC03874 

Since it is so breezy out this morning, I have my windows open. I love the fresh air streaming through the house.  It is a great day for baking as well. I have my latest bread dough experiment rising. We will be sinking our teeth into freshly baked bread today – yum!!!  I am looking forward to the aroma of baking bread penetrating the house.  As I said before, it is one of my favorite smells. 

Do you have a favorite scent? Is it food related, floral or do you prefer a more exotic smell? I love the smell of lilacs and lavender.  I also often find myself gravitating toward the exotic smells of jasmine and coconut.

I hope you have a fabulous Thursday. 

5 comments:

Erica said...

Glad you enjoyed your run and can't wait to see the results of the baking experiment!! Favorite smells: Mens cologne (certain ones obviously ;), basil, the ocean, fresh cut grass

MelissaNibbles said...

I thought of you and the other Boston bloggers on my run this morning! We had such nice weather in Massachusetts.
My favorite smells are anything vanilla scented. I recently made my own perfume at The Body Shop mixing vanilla and pomegranate oils.
Enjoy your bread!

*Erica* said...

Sounds like a beautiful day! We are supposed to have fall-like weather here next week and I can't wait. I agree, it is my favorite time of year also!

Sounds like my kind of day at your house, cool, windows open, bread baking...Ahhhhhh..... Think I can smell it from Missouri?! Enjoy your day!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

That oatmeal looks amazing! I too like to run when there's a bit of a chill in the air. I agree with Erica.. I love the smell of a good men's cologne (Burberry Touch is at the top of the list right now). Of course, fresh baked goods always smell amazing too.. oh and vanilla/coconut candles! Hope the baking went well!