Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Free Workout

Happy Thursday blogland! Are you excited for the weekend?  We are supposed to have stellar weather so I am thrilled.  Yesterday D and I really did not do anything too exciting.  It was really too hot to be outside so we chilled in the AC for the afternoon.  He has plenty of toys to keep busy.  We also went onto the Webkinz site and took care of his little plush puppy – he needed to be fed. 

Dinner last night was a massive load of curry seasoned veggies (red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, summer squash, chick peas, kidney beans and grape tomatoes) and hummus.  It was super flavorful and filling.  My veggie quota for the day was met – probably x2 with this plate. 

 

DSC03381

This morning I decided to take advantage of a free workout on Exercise TV.  We have had the On Demand feature for a few months now but I have yet use that it. I discovered Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism were indeed part of the free workouts. 

I started with the Boost Metabolism workout which ROCKED and totally got my heart pumping. She really knows how to work your body to the extreme.  Then it was time for No More Trouble Zones which focuses more on strength training than cardio.  WOW, that one was KILLER too.  I am so glad that I tried these 2 workouts. They are definitely on my to do list more often.  I am hooked on the Shred DVD so these are a nice addition.  No gym or fancy equipment needed. 

If you have access to Exercise TV On Demand and are looking for a changeup to your workout, then give these two a shot.  You will sweat your but off but Oh Baby, it is worth it. 

After washing off the grime (I was a mess), it was oatmeal time.  I cooked up a big batch of stovetop oats the usual way – water, a banana and cinnamon.  Right when I kill the heat under the pot, I stir in 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries.  As they thaw, the oats turn this beautiful shade of purple and the berries get nice and soft. 

 

DSC03388 DSC03386

 

The finishing touch is always that delicious sea of PB2.

 

DSC03387

Now I am sipping my tea and catching up on some reading.  Today is supposed to be much cooler and less muggy.  I have my windows open and the fresh air feels so nice.  I hate that stuffy and stale feeling the house can get after having the windows closed for days. 

Today is my sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s 3rd Anniversary.  Happy Anniversary Ann and Steve – love you guys!!!! 

I found some pictures of their amazing wedding. Check out little D – he wasn’t even 2 yet.

 

A&Swedding

 

He did not leave the dance floor – this kid knows how to boogie.

 

dancingD

Me and my little man.  I can’t believe how much he has changed. 

 

A&Swedding2

 

I hope you have a fabulous day. 

5 comments:

Erica said...

That veggie plate from your din din last night looks amazing. A giant plate of veggies and beans with tons of seasoning is pretty much my ideal dinner :) Happy Anniversary to your sister-in-law and brother-in-law! D looks adorable in those pics.

I am SO ready for the weekend! Its supposed to be super hot here with no real chance of rain (which is rare since it rains here for about a half hour every day!).

HeatherBakes said...

Jillian Michaels is queen of the workout videos right now... she's EVERYWHERE!! I miss my 30 Day Shred.


Those photos are adorable! It's hard to believe that D was that tiny at one point- he's grown so much :)

seesaraheat said...

Those veggies and oats look delicious! I don't have Exercise TV but I wish I did, I'd love to try those Jillian workouts ;-)

You have a great day too, enjoy the weather!

Ann said...

Thanks, Sam!!

Ann

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said...

Those oats looks so great drizzled with all that PB! Yum!