Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Enjoying the Weather

My 2 boys enjoyed the lovely weather in the backyard again. 

 

pool3

 

Yesterday was so gorgeous – not too hot or muggy.  Too bad today is the total opposite.  It is super oppressive and it feels about 90 degrees. 

 

 

DSC03366

I filled up D’s little pool and he splashed around in there with some toys for a little while.  

 

pool2

I have no idea how he can stand sitting in freezing water straight from the hose.

 

pool

I made another video but the battery conked out on me not too far into it. Oops, I had no idea it was so low. 

 

 

D actually ate some veg with his dinner last night – cucumber. He complained a little but eventually he ate all of it.  He cobbled up the ravioli and the strawberries too. 

 

dinner

For my dinner I made myself a savory “mess”.  I’m unable to make the oldie versions but I sure know how to make one with veggies.  I mixed cooked (and cooled) veggies with cottage cheese, hummus, grape tomatoes and chick peas. The veg (red pepper, bell pepper and zucchini) were seasoned with lots of curry powder, turmeric and paprika. They were spicy and super delicious.

 

DSC03380

 

Are you enjoying the videos? I can make more if you are.  Let me know, I like to hear your feedback. 

Today was a babysitting day so we just got home (we ran to Target after the gym). I am not sure what we are going to do this afternoon. Like I said it is HOT & STICKY out there.  I hope you are having a great day.

1 comment:

*Erica* said...

It's beyond me too, how kids can get in such freezing water and it not even phase them! But we probably did too when we were that age. But there's no better way to beat the heat! Stay cool!