Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Birthday to Remember

So I got to attend the Healthy Living Summit.  Here is a recap of the grand event.

I got to chat with Kelly at the registration desk about her blog.  She and Meghann are such sweethearts.

summit6

 

Breakfast was enjoyed by all.

 

summit7summit8 

The fabulous HLS Summit committee Caitlin, Kath, Heather, Jenna, Meghann and Tina.

 

summit5

Zesty did a presentation that focused on how you can have successful blog.  I am definitely very thankful that he was willing to share so much of his knowledge.  Hopefully I can apply some of what I learned to my own blog. 

 

zesty

 

I found Regina Beidler, an organic dairy farmer, very interesting and educating

 

summit

 

Blogger in action.

 summit2

 

I got have lunch with some new friends. I really enjoyed getting to know so many new wonderful people.

 

 summit3

 

You can see the conference room was filled. People really traveled from near and far to attend. Just goes to show you  how many lives are touched by these 6 bloggers.

 

 summit4  

 

After the HLS we headed to the North End. Charlie and D met me in the city and came along too.

D was happy to see Jenna again.

 

d&j 

We made our way down the street to the Fisherman’s Feast festival.  It was jamming with people.

 

bday12

My guys and I ventured away from the group so that we could celebrate my b-day with some dinner.

 

bday7

bday8 

Love these guys!!!! 

 

bday9 

 

We found a cute little pizza/sandwich place that was not crowed inside (the crowd was outside).  

 

bday11  bday10

 

The sandwich I got was called the Green Monster.  It contained arugula, grilled zucchini, summer squash, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella and a delicious (yet messy) zippy red dressing. 

My tummy actually felt pretty good the rest of the night but this morning it was a little puffy but that could have been the few bites of Charlie’s cannoli I had.  Yes, I was adventurous last night and ate wheat and something that was fried.  I am not going to eat wheat all the time but I do think that I should at least give it a shot every now and then. It was well worth it – I had a blast with my guys.

 

sandwich

bday6

 

Charlie and D had a slice of pizza but decided to eat it on the curb and enjoy the music. 

 

bday1

 

D gave the pizza a thumbs up. 

 

 bday2 bday3

 

Eventually we ran into the group again at the wine tasting tent.

 

bday4

From there we went our separate ways to find something sweet – that is where the cannoli came in.  We did end up seeing the group as they were headed back to the hotel and said our good byes. 

So there you have it.  It was FABULOUS.

I got up early this morning for my run. It was a glorious 6.5 miler in the warm sun. 

Breakfast was oats (of course).

 

DSC03554

And an Amazing Meal drink. I mixed the powder with water and shook it up until it was completely dissolved.

 

DSC03550 DSC03555

Time to go see what the family is up to. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

12 comments:

sarah said...

Hi Sam,
It's Sarah again (I emailed you on Friday)and I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! I watched the Summit online yesterday and saw everyone sing happy birthday to you-that was so nice. And your video CRACKED me up (the very last comment "You ACT 12," I was laughing out loud-my husband must think I am crazy =) Glad to see you had such a nice day, you look wonderful. So good to be in touch again!

VeggieGirl said...

Such a fun way to spend your special day!! Happy belated birthday!!

*Erica* said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMIE!! I think going to the HLS sounds like a PERFECT birthday present! And getting time with your guys all in one day, what more could a girl ask for on her big 3-0?!

So HB, girl, and welcome to the 30s!!

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Sounds like you had such a great time! Happy belated birthday :) Your son is such a cutie.

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday!

Little D with Jenna is adorable, of course two sweethearts would get along so perfectly.

HangryPants said...

Sammie, It was such a pleasure to finally meet you, D and your husband. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

What a fantastic birthday! I hope it was a fabulous as it looked. I wish I could gone to the summit and helped you celebrate. Hope you have a great week, hon!

Kelly said...

I enjoyed meeting you! Your little boy is so precious! I can't wait to catch up on your blog! :)

HeatherBakes said...

Fun!! I was wondering if you were going to the Summit. D is such a little superstar :)

I hope they hold the Summit again next year- I was dying to go!

allijag said...

D was a pretty popular dude at the summit! :) A little lady killer already and he hasn't even hit double digits in age!

Jenna said...

awww I love Declan!!! Seriously, can I be your nanny?! :)

Tina said...

Love the recap! Happy birthday, again! 30 is a big one! :) (I'll be there next year!)