Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Packed

Well we are pretty much all packed and ready to hit the road.  I am usually the worlds worst packer (I pack everything but the kitchen sink), but this time I managed to keep things to a minimum. We are planning to be away an entire week so I still needed to pack lots of options – never know what I am going to feel like wearing on a particular day. And I can’t be without shoe options – you all know I have a shoe fetish.  I have one whole bag dedicated to my workout gear – Sammie still needs her running even on vacation – shocking, I know :)

So this afternoon, D and Rocco had a great time playing together. I have never seen such bosom buddies in my life.  I only hope that they stay that close for life.

When we got home I putted around the house for about an hour – still getting things ready to leave.  Then D and I headed out to the hair salon.  He looks SOOOOOOO handsome. I promise to share a photo soon – he is in sleepy town right now.  I just had to get my bangs trimmed so nothing really new with my hair style. 

Once home I made dinner – leftover chicken for Charlie, cereal for D (it was one of those nights) and a salad for me. It was a beast and darn tasty. In the mix was lettuce, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, chickpeas, one hard boiled egg and one egg white, cottage cheese and PB2.  

 

DSC02899

I also had 2 rice cakes. 

 

DSC02900 

I probably will not be able to post again until we have reached PA.  I have to work in the morning and then we are hitting the road ASAP. The drive is about 10 hours but that does not include any stopping along the way.  We are in for a long trip and I HATE to have to sit still for that long. I will probably start doing some chair dancing at some point. 

Enjoy your evening. 

5 comments:

polly said...

have fun sweetie girl! Talk to ya soon. XOXO

HeatherBakes said...

Drive carefully and have a fun trip!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Have a safe trip! Hope the drive goes by quickly :)

foodnfit said...

Have a great trip!
That salad looks AMAZING!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie,
Hope you guys have a wonderful trip and I wish you a safe journey! If it makes you feel any better, we just spent 20 hours in the car...I did many a chair dance.

Your salad looked delicious, and I filled my suitcase with plenty of Heather workout gear as well. It's always the first thing I pack...well besides my Jay Robb. :)