Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not on an Empty Tummy

Happy 4th of July!!!  I hope you all are enjoying the weekend and have some fun plans to celebrate. 

Last night we ended up watching He’s Just Not That Into You.  Charlie ran to Whole Foods and brought back my favorite Stonyfield Crème Caramel Frozen Yogurt.  Actually, he came back with the ice cream which he did not mean to buy, so the fabulous hubby that he is went back and exchanged it for the fro-yo. It is a good thing that WF is literally less than a minute from our house.  The movie was good but honestly not great.  I am pretty sure Charlie was ready to give up on it as soon as his bowl of frozen yummies was gone.

I did rise at my usual hour this morning – what can I say my internal clock is permanently set. I ventured out for a 7 mile loop around my lovely neighborhood.  It was actually sunny – I know SHOCKING!!! I swear this was a first in the last 3 weeks.  I totally overdressed – long sleeves and pants were definitely not needed.  I was a sweaty mess when I returned home.  I followed up my run with lots of yoga stretches – my muscles are loving the TLC. 

Check out the little red squirrel that was munching outside my bathroom window.  I think that we have a few of them living in that tree.  They are so cute.  Otto thinks so too – he is determined to catch one and play with it.

littlered

My breakfast included this teeny banana. I like buying the small ones for my little sweetie pie.  Too bad he has not been interested in bananas this week.  Mommy will eat – no worries. 

 

DSC02589

Blueberry banana oats – oh how I adore thee.  I think I added too much water today – my bowl was ready to overflow.  It was, in deed, scrumptious. 

 

DSC02593

I hit the grocery store this morning while my guys hung out at home. I can always move through the store faster when I am solo.  Upon my return I found this little muffin.  He was throwing up – WHAT????  He was fine when I left the house.  Apparently he was complaining of a headache so daddy gave him some ibuprofen. Well we think that the ibuprofen upset his tummy because he had not eat that much today.  He waited so long to eat breakfast which I think gave him the headache – he takes after his mama. He only ate a waffle which probably was not enough.  He was so busy playing this morning that food was the last thing on his mind. Needless to say, we had a conversation about the importance of breakfast.

 

sick2

I made myself a quick lunch.  I melted some swiss cheese on a Gluten Free wrap with red pepper and zucchini. I also had a small salad of lettuce, zucchini, red pepper and hummus.  More zucchini sticks on the side too. 

That really is a small salad for this veggie lover.  My usual ones can easily fill a large glass mixing bowl.  There is still plenty of time left in the day for veggie consumption.

 

DSC02598

I bought some gorgeous cherries at Stop & Shop today.  I LOVE CHERRIES!!!  You don’t want to know how $$$ this bundle was but it is so worth it. 

I ate so many cherries when I was pregnant. I graved them ALL the time.  I actually ate tons of fruit when I was preggers. Funny that D is not a fruit lover since I gobbled up any fruit that I could get my hands on. 

I must try my hardest to ration these babies out – it is gonna be tough. 

 

DSC02601

The D man is feeling better so I think that he just can’t have the ibuprofen on an empty tummy.  We are going to just stick to Tylenol from now on. He is happily mixing all the colors and making Star Wars sculptures with Play-Doh.

 

dough

We are heading to Charlie’s parents house for a small BBQ in a little while. Then tonight we are going to try to take D to see our towns firework display. 

Enjoy your day. 

1 comment:

Girl on Top said...

I love cherries too!