Monday, July 13, 2009

A Lesson in Mechanics

Yesterday Daddy and D got a lesson in replacing the brakes on my truck.  My Uncle can fix just about anything so Charlie asked him for assistance.  We saved so much $$$$$.  The dealer wanted to charge us over $400.  Well we spent $43.85 for the brake pads and the labor was a pack of beer. That is quite a savings. Thanks Uncle Bobie (his name is Chris but I have always called him Bobie  (pronounced BO- BEE)– a nickname my mom gave him when they were kids). It’s easy enough that Charlie can now do it himself in the future. 

brakes2

D lost interest – they wouldn’t let him use the spray adhesive so he went to find something else to occupy his time.

 

brakes

Ice to the rescue.

 

ice2


My boy loves to have his hands in something – I think it is a toss up between dirt and ice. Mommy likes the ice – less crud to worry about.  Getting dirt out from under a 4 year olds finger nails is not the easiest thing and I am kind of a freak about him having filthy fingers. 

 

ice

When we got home I made dinner.  I used all the ingredients that I would put into a salad to fill 4 rice wrappers.  Inside was lettuce, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini and nectarine. 

 

DSC02880

I did also make a side salad with a scoop of cottage cheese (something that I would not fill the rice wrapper with – too mushy) and a drizzle of PB2.

Charlie teased me that the wrappers and the salad were basically the same thing. Hey I like my veggies.  I got in a little protein with the dairy and PB2.

 

DSC02881

Yesterday afternoon I tried something with the Chia Goodness.  I mixed 1/3 cup of Hemp Milk with 2 Tablespoons Chia Goodness. I let it sit for a while before consumption.  It got thick and basically turned into a pudding. It was very tasty.

 

DSC02870

This morning I headed to the gym and did a nice cardio mixer circuit – 20 minuets on the Stair Climber, 20 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes running on the Treadmill. I followed that up with a great weight training session.  I have not been going to the gym as much because I have been running outside. It was a nice change but I still prefer the great outdoors. 

After a much needed shower it was breakfast time.  Polly this bowl is for you.  I cooked 1 cup (yup, that’s right), a whole cup of oatmeal on the stove with LOTS of water.  I added a bit of cinnamon and then at the end I added 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries.  Of course I just had to add the sea of PB2 to the top.  This bowl was a monster and I ate every bite.  YUM!!!! 

 

DSC02885

I am now enjoying a cup of tea in one of my favorite gigantic mugs. 

 

tea

Today is going to be full of errand running and getting things in order for our trip on Wednesday. I need to make sure all the laundry is finished and then get things packed.  We are planning on packing the truck up on Tuesday night so that everything is ready to go on Wednesday.  We are all looking forward to a vacation. Charlie actually has the next 2 whole weeks off – WOO HOO!!!! 

I will leave you with a picture of my sweetie pie enjoying some real food.  His tummy is happy.

 

sweet

Happy Monday! Enjoy your day.

6 comments:

AzLinda said...

Oh that is so great that your Uncle was able to save you all that money by doing it yourself, can't beat that ;)

Glad your baby is doing so well, he looks so spunky and "happy-go-lucky" What a cutie pie!

Where do you get your PB2? I've been wanting to give that a try.

Oh, and your rice wraps look scrumtious!

polly said...

Go BO-bee!!! :)

D, you are a muffin. SO happy your tummy is feeling good and you can EAT all sorts of yummy things your awesome momma makes you. XOXO

Sammie, you are so CUTE!

I looooooove that bowl of oats. I admit my bowl today was just half a cup of oats because it was about TWO cups of berries. :)


Love you, honey! So fun to chat last night!!

HangryPants said...

The wraps look awesome! I am so glad D seems to be doing so much better. :D

Jaime said...

hey there!
just catching up now! i am so glad that everything turned out to b ok with your little man! he is so lucky to have such a wonderful mum! seriously im sure it means the WORLD to him that you did not leave his side! im sure everything will be JUST fine! sometimes kids get stomach issues and doctors cannot figure out why and then they grow out of them (im a perfect example of that)! have a wonderful night xoxoxo

Sammie said...

AzLinda,
I order my PB2 from their website - www.bellplantation.com.

Jaime,
Thanks for such a sweet comment. I really feel for you and your tummy issues.

Aggie said...

D is so handsome...I'm glad he is feeling better!!

Enjoy your trip!