Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Learn Something

Good morning.  I hope you all are off to a good start.  I started my day with my favorite activity – RUNNING.  I ventured out for a 6.5 mile run and it was absolutely gorgeous outside this morning.  When I got back home, I opened the door and D’s face was right there.  He actually startled me and I jumped in surprise when I saw him.  I showered up and made us breakfast.  He requested a waffle.

“Oh mommy, not another picture”

notagain 

There is that handsome smile.

 

waffle

Mommy had her big bowl of oats. Look at the lovely layer of PB2 sauce – it was scrumptious.

 

DSC02894

Today I cooked 3/4 cup oats with LOTS of water. Before all the water was absorbed I added 1/2 a scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein, cinnamon and a banana. Once the oats made it to my bowl, I added the star ingredient – PB2 mixed up with more water to create that saucy effect. 

I was reading an article today about eggs and I learned something.  I always enjoy little tid bits of info and this article was full of them. I have always wondered why my the eggs I get from my Nana are so hard to peel when I hard boil them. Well, according to the article, the fresher the eggs the harder they are to peel. The eggs from Nana couldn’t be more fresh. 

I am still getting things set for the trip tomorrow.  I have D’s stuff all packed, my clothes are all packed and most of my laundry is clean.  I want to return to a clean house so I am off to tidy things up.  We are leaving right after I get back from work tomorrow.  I tried to get someone to switch with me but I had no luck.  Oh well, we will just arrive in PA a little late.

We are heading over to my sis’s house in a little while to watch her kiddies this afternoon.  D will be so thrilled to see his best buddy.  Tonight I am getting my hair cut and I am going to attempt to have my hairdresser try to tame D’s mane – he really likes it long.  He is the ring bearer in the wedding we are going to on Friday so a decent hair cut is in order for my little sweet tart. 

The offer is open if anyone wants to plan a meet up while I am in the Pittsburg area.  Send me an e-mail at samantha.otoole@verizon.net

Enjoy your day. 

6 comments:

Erica said...

I've heard that about eggs before! I always want to hard boil a batch right when I get them home from the store and I always convince myself to wait!!Hope you guys have fun at the wedding this weekend

AzLinda said...

D's a cutie! He's gonna make such a cute ringbearer :D

So true about the eggs, have to hard boil the least freshest ones first. The peel just slips off them. I always have two cartons, one for boiling, and the other fresh ones for using in recipes where I want fresh eggs..lol

ElizMichelle said...

I'm so curious...what is your PB2 sauce you frequently have?

Sammie said...

ElizMichelle,
It is made with PB2 powder. You can check it out at www.bellplantation.com. I mix the powder with water and then drizzle - it's that simple.

HeatherBakes said...

D is looking good! Glad he's feeling better.

Interesting about the eggs- I remember learning in class that different grades are better for different dishes (AA for frying, A for omelettes, B for baking...).

polly said...

Eggs! My momma told me that, I was shocked! Fresh ones are yummy, so I guess we'll have to per-fect the "peel" my sweet Sammie.

Okay, I am SAD we won't see each other this trip... but when you get to the closes point to Fort Wayne... yell "hi Polly!!!" and I might hear you. :)


D, you are too cute. Your mommy only takes pics of handsome guys, so get used to it. :)

Have fun on your trip Charlie, Sammie, and Declan!!!!

XOXO Pols