Wednesday, July 8, 2009

He’s a Dipper

Happy Wednesday! I seriously just wrote Tuesday – man this week has been so crazy that I do not even know what day it is. 

So last night I decided to prep a bowl of chia oats.  I did end up having some of the new Chia Goodness for an afternoon snack yesterday and it was fabulous.  Since I enjoyed the chia seed combo so much, I thought that I should try to eat up the plain seeds that I have had in my cabinet for a while.  I mixed 1/2 a cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons chia seeds and 1 cup unsweetened Rice Milk. 

Here is what it looked like this morning. All the liquid was absorbed and it was quite gelatinous.  I am a person that does not enjoy a cold breakfast anymore – my tummy loves to be warmed up in the morning. To the stove I went.  I put the chia oat mixture into a pot and added 1/2 a cup of water. 

 

DSC02777

I let that cook until all the water was absorbed and the mix was nice and creamy.  I then added cinnamon, a banana and frozen blueberries. 

This bowl was amazingly delicious and it stayed with me so well. I did not start to get hungry until around 11 – that is quite a long time for me. 

 

DSC02779

I had to rush out the door to get to the gym by 8:30 for my babysitting shift.  D and I made a Lego Droid Factory as soon as we arrived.  It is the “new thing” for me and my sidekick and I rather enjoy the time alone with him before the craziness starts.  And crazy it was which is to be expected. So many kiddies in such a small area definitely leads to utter chaos.  

 

 

df

I had to make a stop at the store on the way home. I needed to pick up some necessary supplies for the prep of D’s procedure on Friday. More on that in another post. 

When we got home it was time for lunch.  I made my little dipper a grilled cheese sandwich with carrots. Note the ketchup on his plate.  Yes, I have turned my sweet tart into a dipster like his Mommy. 

 

lunch

I made myself a big salad.  In the mix – lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, chickpeas and hummus.  I also had a sweet potato (cooked in the microwave) drizzled with ketchup – I am an addict and not ashamed. 

I did not end up having a snack this morning due to the staying power of the Chia Oats but once lunch came along I was famished.

 

DSC02783

So after the veggies I had fruit in the form of an apple along with some PB2 for more dipping action. 

 

DSC02787

And chocolate in the form of a gluten free Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco bar. 

 

DSC02788

Now my belly is satisfied. 

That is my day so far.  Time to get gelling – more on that later.  See you tonight.  Enjoy your day. 

No comments: