Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He’s Back

Jay Robb is back in my life.  I tried to like the pea protein but seriously, nothing compares to this stuff.

 

DSC02754

After my run this morning I did lots of yummy yoga moves thanks to my long distance BFF. I have found yoga to be the best way for me to stretch after my runs and my hammies are loving it too. 

Breakfast was a protein packed bowl of creamy delicious oats. I cooked up a hefty batch of stovetop oats with water, a banana, cinnamon and 1/2 a scoop of the good stuff.  The finishing touch of course was the PB2 sauce.

 

DSC02756

Me and my sidekick headed out to my sister-in-law’s house so that I could get the cleaning done seeing as I am busy this Friday (D’s procedure day for all who just joined in. He is having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy). He was such a good little doobie and let me clean without too many interruptions.  It still took me over 2 hours. 

I hit up the natural health food store on the way home and picked up something new to try.

Ruth’s Chia Goodness

DSC02760

The nutritionals looked great, I can’t wait to try it out. You know what I will be having this afternoon when my tummy grumbles.

 

DSC02764

When we got home I made a speedy lunch with whatever I could get my hands on – yes, I was famished.  In my bowl was a sweet potato (I cooked it in the microwave), left over roasted cauliflower and chickpeas.

 

DSC02758

 

I also ate a gluten free english muffin.  These things are so crumbly – really nothing like a whole wheat english muffin which I totally adore but my tummy does not. 

 

DSC02759

I just realized that I have yet to take a picture of D today – man I am slacking.  I was on a roll.  I will leave you with some oldy but goodies instead. He is so stinking cute. 

He was not even two in these pictures.  I let him decorate gingerbread men cookies with squeezable icing. 

 

green2

I am pretty sure more icing went into his mouth than on the cookies.  I remember this like it was yesterday.  He pooped green the next day and it even stained his little bum bum. 

 

green

I love this one - “What? You told me to do it.”

I had to give him a bath afterwards and the green did not wash off completely. When Charlie got home he was like “what the heck happened to him?” It was rather amusing but the one and only time I let D play with this kind of icing.

 

green3

Oh how I miss those days.  He is growing up way too fast. 

I hope you are having a great day. 

4 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Glad you got the muscles back in your life ;) Sorry you haven't been able to find a good GF English muffin!

Baby D is such a cutie!! He sure looks like he's enjoying that icing!!

Jessica said...

Hey Hun, just curious is to how u get the pb2 to a sauce like consistancy like that?

Sammie said...

Jessica,
I just add more water. The instructions on the container say to mix 2 tbsp PB2 powder with 1 TBSP water but I just add a tad more until it is more fluid.

polly said...

oh baby D!!!!!!!!!!!

Those little chubby arms. So sweet. I miss those days... Sammie don't blink cause they DO grow up fast.

Love ya, Sammie girl. Keep praying, it will all be good. Even little bitty prayers are sweet. I love those kind, just little drops of joy, fear, hope, reassurance.

XOXO