Monday, July 6, 2009

He eats Veggies

If you count pickles then D ate 2 different kinds of veggies today.  Since I’m the Mom, I am counting it. 

This face makes it seem like he is enjoying that carrot.

 

carrot3

This one says otherwise.  I told him that if he wanted pickles then he had to eat carrots too.  His veggie quota for the day was filled – hey, better than nothing.

 

carrot4

I had to babysit at the gym today – double duty this week.  We are going on vacation next week and I need someone to take one of my shifts while I am away so the way we do it is to swap a shift with another sitter.  It was packed with older kids again and man they did not want to be there.  I felt so bad for them.  There really is nothing in the room to occupy them.  Some of them are lucky enough to bring a Nintendo DS but the others just have to suck it up for an hour and a half.

Before heading out this morning I had my oatmeal.  Today was a simple combo of oats, cinnamon, banana and a sea of PB2.  Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day – I love that warm tummy love I get from this creamy stuff. 

 

DSC02739

For lunch today I made a rather flavorful salad.  I topped a bed of lettuce with red pepper, zucchini, roasted cauliflower (I roasted it last night with olive oil and curry powder – it is superb), roasted sweet potato and cottage cheese.  I used a little PB2 mixed with extra water for dressing.  It may sound odd but it was tasty.

 

DSC02750

This week is a doozie.  I am cleaning tomorrow instead of Friday because D’s endoscopy and colonoscopy are happening that day.  Wednesday I have to babysit at the gym again and Thursday I have to make sure D stays low key ALL day because the poor thing can not eat a single bite of solid food – that is going to be TOUGH (thanks for the Italian ice Grandpa). And starting Wednesday the poor little muffin has to take milk of magnesia in the AM and PM until the day of his procedures.  I feel bad for his little tush already.

I hope your week is off to a good start.  Have a lovely day.

4 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

D is such a cutie pie!! I'd definitely count pickles as a veggie - it's a cucumber?!

Aw man - sorry to hear about the tough week ahead! I'll be thinking of you guys!!

AzLinda said...

PB2? I think a goggle is in order..lol I bought a huge head of cauliflower at the market yesterday, think I'll try roasting it up like you did using curry...that sounds awesome.

I'll be thinking of your little man this week. He sounds like quite the trooper :)

polly said...

oh D you are a PUMPKIN!!! Shoot, orange carrots and pickles? Sounds like veggie loading to me. :)


Sammie,
LOVED your email. You are such a sweet soul, my far away BFF, that is CLOSE as a prayer and a hug over the phone! Ya know, trusting is so hard, but so easy. It's kinda like letting go of a rope... so hard but not so hard once you do. I keep grasping, but need to stop. :) Ya know?

We can pray and we can hope and we can trust... all 3 together are a perfect pie filling. Then we get to take a bite each day. It's pretty sweet. Pie is hard to make... for sure.


Love you much! Check out the quote at the top, and the verse at the bottom of my post today, my sweet friend. XOXO

polly said...

oh D you are a PUMPKIN!!! Shoot, orange carrots and pickles? Sounds like veggie loading to me. :)


Sammie,
LOVED your email. You are such a sweet soul, my far away BFF, that is CLOSE as a prayer and a hug over the phone! Ya know, trusting is so hard, but so easy. It's kinda like letting go of a rope... so hard but not so hard once you do. I keep grasping, but need to stop. :) Ya know?

We can pray and we can hope and we can trust... all 3 together are a perfect pie filling. Then we get to take a bite each day. It's pretty sweet. Pie is hard to make... for sure.


Love you much! Check out the quote at the top, and the verse at the bottom of my post today, my sweet friend. XOXO