Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Fireworks

Last night D had his first fireworks experience.  We joined the massive crowd at our local middle school to celebrate the 4th of July. 

4th3

There was a band for entertainment since the fireworks did not start until 9:30. 

 

4th4

We got there early so we could stake out a spot.  To kill some time we walked around the track. 

 

4th5

At one point we were on a mission to hunt down the guy selling the lightsabers.  D saw a bunch of kiddos with them and asked for one. Mommy & Daddy of course always say yes – go ahead you can say it – SPOILED!!!  Lucky for us the guy was easy to spot since he was wearing pink bunny ears. 

D worked his lightsaber light a pro.

 

4th2

He has mad skills.

 

4th

Since it was way past his bedtime we also decided – What the heck, lets sugar him up too.  He ate about half a Milky Way bar, then proceeded to run around like a mad man with his new lightsaber. 

 

4th7

Once the fireworks started he sat on my lap and kept me warm.  It was a chilly evening and I did not pack myself an extra layer to put on. 

 

4th6

The fireworks were great.  I was shocked at how good of a show our town put on. They lasted almost 30 minutes and the grand finale was spectacular. 

 

4th8

D really enjoyed his first time seeing the big blasts and loud booms.  I was wondering if he would be afraid of the loud noise but to my surprise he was not at all.

 

4th9

Our 4th of July was fabulous.  It was a late night for all of us but so worth it.  I hope you all had a great one too.

4 comments:

THE ACTORS DIET said...

Glad he liked the fireworks! My dog, unfortunately, did not.

polly said...

Hi sweetie! So wonderful the fireworks were so fun! You guys are the sweetest family. I love your blog so much, you know. I look forward to reading it everyday. I am getting all sappy on ya. :)

D is so cute, I would have got him a light thingy too, he is not spoiled. He is a happy little guy and you love him to pieces and it shows. Enjoy this week! You inspire me often my friend. We had a fun day with Abbers, sort of anti-climactic as her week was packed with fun. My favorite part of the whole week was just now, reading a book she got for her birthday with her in the yellow chair in our jammies. I think life moves too fast and the sweet spots can easily be missed.


nite nite! XOXO

Danielle said...

What a beautiful holiday! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves :)

HeatherBakes said...

Glad you guys had a good 4th! What is it with kids and light up toys?? The kids I nanny for were begging for glo-sticks last week.