Thursday, July 9, 2009

D gets new threads

Last night while my guys continued their video gaming, I decided to go out for a little voyage to Target.  We are leaving for our vacation next week and I would really like a few new pairs of shorts, t-shirts and maybe a dress for the trip.  We have to attend a rehearsal dinner on Thursday so I need to have something halfway decent to wear since I am going to wear my Anthropologie dress to the wedding.  Of course I came home with nothing for mommy – well I did buy 2 new sports bras but they do not count. 

I did, however manage to come home with stuff for D. He’s always on my mind so I can not go anywhere without buying him something. 

He now has some new clothes for the trip. 

DSC02834 

DSC02835

I love these funky shorts – I could not resist.  The good thing about all 3 pairs of shorts is they have adjustable waists which is important since D’s waist is so small. 

 

DSC02836

And I also found Anakin’s podracer which I knew he would be totally thrilled to have.  He already has Sebulba’s podracer so now he can race them.

He was up when I got home so I gave it to him and he was super excited. As I predicted he was hungry so I ended up making him a vanilla milkshake and he was up WAY TOO late. Oh well, this week we are not having a normal sort of week so a little stretch in the routine is in order. 

 

podracers

I was up at 5 and hit the pavement.  I knew that Mommy needed a little me time before all the craziness started.  I was so enjoying the fresh air and my alone time even though it was drizzling on me.  I can’t believe it is July – where is the sun?!?! I ran 6.5 miles and walked another 3/4 mile through the cul-de-sac near my house.  I was stalling going home because I knew that today was going to be a toughie. 

For breakfast I made a bowl of oats – 3/4 cup oatmeal cooked with water, 1/2 a scoop of Vanilla Jay Robb protein powder, a banana, cinnamon and frozen blueberries.  Delicious as always. 

 

DSC02824 

D had some of his Jell-O.

 

jello

He looks fine in these photos but you missed the next part of the morning. He freaked out about having to take more Milk of Magnesia. Trust me it was not a pretty scene.  This is exactly why I needed that alone time this morning.  I told you today is going to be one of those trying days.

 

jello2

After almost throwing up, he managed to choke down the 2 tablespoons of delicious pink elixir.  He is now sipping ginger ale and broth. 

I found a very natural variety at Whole Foods that is not full of nastiness.

 

DSC02826 DSC02827

 

Looks good to me.  It think it will be good to get something warm into his tummy today too. A warm tummy is always comforting. 

 

DSC02828 DSC02829

 

That’s what has been happening around these parts the past few hours.  How on earth did it get to be 10 o’clock already?  Well I guess that today is a good day to have whiz on by – I just hope tomorrow does too.

Happy Thursday!!!

11 comments:

polly said...

oh Sammie I am praying. D is such a beautiful child. That face is pure perfection. I hurt thinking of him hurting. There will be an answer sweet friend!! Love you so much. Your morning runs amaze me... such a joy to move and breathe and feel the day, no? I will send you even more hugs than normal today. XOXOXOXOXOOX

Pol

Kaolee Hoyle said...

Those shorts look so cute!

mels! W said...

Hi Sammie!
i love the blog! i was just wondering--how many tattoos do you have...and what are they of?!?! i noticed the one on your arm the other day lol--just curious!!!
and good luck with d tomorrow :)

HangryPants said...

Yeah for anthropolgie dresses!

GreenDogWine said...

I'm loving D's new threads! ESPECIALLY that last pair of shorts! Very hip!

nice job getting out and getting some time to yourself! good luck - i'm thinking about you guys all the time!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Love the new purchases!! Sorry to hear about D's rough day today - I hope it does fly by for you guys :) I'll be thinking of you all!

Sammie said...

mels! W,
I have 3. My son's name on my forearm, a flower around my belly button and one on my lower back - aka "tramp stamp" which is just a line design.

Anonymous said...

Hello guys,

Would you like to watch the last exorcism online free? It is not released yet but you can watch the last exorcism for free already!

Click here to [url=http://watchthelastexorcismonline.net/watch-the-last-exorcism-online-free.php]watch the last exorcism online[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Would you like to play solitaire online?
[url=http://sprintsolitaire.com]SprintSolitaire[/url] is the best place to play solitaire online!

With exclusive Solitaire variation like Pyramid you will always enjoy the game!

Are you ready to play solitaire online?

Click here to [url=http://sprintsolitaire.com]play solitaire[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

Can I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
James

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at runningwitharecipe.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Jules