Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Carnegie Science Center

On Tuesday we spent our last day in PA at the Carnegie Science Center.

 

museum5

 

The museum was having a robot exhibit that I knew would really knock D’s socks off.

 

museum2

We kept the Roboworld Exhibit a secret so that D would be surprised when we got there.

 

museum

 

He got to see C-3PO ---------------

 

museum3

------------  and R2-D2.  I think he was disappointed that they did not talk.

 

museum4

The exhibit was very entertaining and full of cool robots that where actually performing tasks.  There was one playing basketball, one retrieving prescriptions based on a persons profile and another one playing people in air hockey.

The coolest thing that we saw at the museum was a Miniature Railroad & Village. It is amazing and the attention to detail is out of this world.  I have never seen anything like it in my life.  Quite a feat of artistic talent.  

Unfortunately we ran out of time and were unable to go to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.  We really wanted to take D to see the dinosaurs. That will have to be on our next visit. 

I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday. It is supposed to be a hot one here today so I think D and I might go swimming.  Enjoy your day. 

3 comments:

polly said...

just catchin up!! Love you and all the recaps. So happy and seeing D so healthy and smiley melts my heart. YOU are loved, my friend! Sorry about the fig. Yay for the yummy yogurt!! :D


Love and hugs!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey Sammie,

Really enjoying all these recap posts. You are a fun mom :)

I think you may have answered this before, but could you please tell us how you roast your veggies? I'm especially interested in red peppers as I just discovered I liked them. I've read that you have to discard the skin after roasting and that just sounds like to much work! haha Thanks!

Sammie said...

Anonymous,
I just chop up the veggies and place them in a roasting pan lined with foil. I bake for about 25 minutes or until slightly soft in a 350 degree oven. I sometimes sprinkle with salt and pepper before roasting. After I take the pan out of the oven I add cumin, turmeric and paprika. So simple yet so delicious.