Sunday, June 14, 2009

UP for a Movie

Hello my friends.  How is your Sunday so far?  We got off to a wet and soggy start but the rain stopped and the sun is trying to peak out.  I opted for the gym this morning rather than getting drenched in the pouring rain.  I did a good mix of cardio and weights – 30 minutes Stair Climber, 30 minutes Arc Trainer and a Jillian inspired weight session.  I am really glad that I picked up that Hot Bod in a Box because it has so many great exercises to choose from.

Breakfast was a glass of green – 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 2 cups Organic Baby Spinach, Stevia and ice.

 

DSC02154

And of course my usual bowl of oatmeal.  I added the pea protein powder to my oats instead of the smoothie.  I like how thick and creamy the oatmeal gets when I mix the protein into it.  Plus I can add a ton more water which bulks them up a bit too.

This was 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop Pea Protein, a banana, cinnamon and a drizzle of PB2.

 

DSC02155

For lunch today I tried a new loaf of bread – Ener G Corn loaf. I liked that this bread has more fiber than the other loaf I was buying. 

 

DSC02158

I topped 2 pieces of bread with zucchini, orange pepper and Swiss cheese.  I put them in the toaster oven so the cheese could melt over the raw veggies.  I love the crispness of the veggies combined with the crunchy toast and gooey cheese. On the side a had a sweet potato and organic ketchup.

 

DSC02159

I also ate an apple and an Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco bar.

 

DSC02163

This afternoon we are heading to the movies with my sis, her husband and Rocco.  We are going to see UP in 3D.  The D man is looking forward to seeing it and he is so thrilled to be going to the movies with his best buddy. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

4 comments:

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Thanks for reminding me about Hot Bod in a Box! I want to pick that up! You are so dedicated to exercise! I commend that :-)

Great looking food!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

The Actors Diet said...

I loved "Up!" We saw it in 3-D too.

K from ksgoodeats said...

Your lunch sounds so good!! Bread, cheese, and veggies - what's not to love?

Hope you guys enjoyed the movie!!

Charlie said...

"Up" was truly awesome. If anyone is thinking of seeing it with your kids you won't be sitting there bored.