Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two little Monkeys

My sweet tart is loving the fact that he can now have regular yogurt again. He likes vanilla with a swirl of maple syrup – the real stuff. 

 

yogurt

I am loving the Organic Pink Lady apple that I found at Trader Joe’s – this baby was SWEET!!!

 

DSC02474

I whipped up some tuna salad for lunch but tried a little experiment with some black beans. 

I used 1/2 a cup of these guys

 

DSC02477

mashed with 1 tablespoon of water

 

DSC02480

I added a can of tuna (drained)

 

DSC02478

Not looking very pretty now is it?

 

DSC02482

 

That’s better. I can always count on a little veg to liven things up. I added diced zucchini, red pepper and halved grape tomatoes.  I seasoned the mix with cumin, paprika and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.  The beans and tuna really did taste great together. This was a protein and flavor packed lunch.

 

DSC02485

I am hanging out with these 2 monkeys this afternoon. 

 

goofy1

goofy2

goofy3

goofy4

goofy6

goofy7

 

We played some hide and seek.  The dog keeps giving away our hiding spots. He is a hound dog after all.

 

hiding

Time to go make sure those two are not up to no good.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

In our house, we call that "being a hambone." Have fun with those goofballs!!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Haha - they are too funny!! That apple looks so good! I love the big ones :)

Michelle said...

Sammie,
I read your blog religiously, but have only comments once or twice. You mentioned recently that you will be changing your blog, and I just wanted to let you know that I do enjoy seeing the meals you come up with. For example, thanks for posting today's--I have all those exact ingredients in my kitchen--and now I have a great new "recipe" to try with them. You are a great role model for healthy eating! Thanks!
Michelle

Sammie said...

Michelle,
Thanks for the positive feedback. I am happy that I can offer you some yummy & healthy recipes.