Thursday, June 25, 2009

Too Close for Comfort

This morning we were up and out of the house at 6:45 to get D to the hospital for the Lactose Breath test.  He was sooooo sleep and very hungry.  Poor little guy could not even have anything to drink.

 

DSC02328

We were able to keep him occupied while we waited between the breath tests.

 

waiting

There was goofiness too.  We ended up getting out of the hospital at about 11. It was not the most exciting morning.

 

waiting2 

On our way home we saw a bunch of police cars less than a mile from our house near the power lines.  Well, come to find out, the bank up the street was robbed this morning.  My neighborhood was swarming with cops and news vans.  It is a bit unnerving and  a little to close for comfort.  Apparently they called off the search this evening and think the guy is still hiding out in the swamp behind my house.  Looks like we will not be letting in any of the cool night air – our windows are staying shut and locked.  If anyone does come near my house, my vicious Otto will let me know.  He may be a little guy but he sure is protective of his pack. 

Here are some of my eats today.  I did not snap a picture of my lunch – it was salad from WF and it contained some of that yummy Chickpea Masala – oh is it so delicious.  I also had a yogurt and an apple.

For breakfast (after my 6.5 mile run), I made a bowl of oats.  I was able to sneak out super early and make it back in plenty of time to leave for D’s test. 

oatmeal cooked with water, banana, fresh blueberries, cinnamon and PB2

 

DSC02325

My afternoon snack was plain greek yogurt, cinnamon and chopped apple. I ate the rest of the apple with 2 rice cakes and Reduced Sugar Strawberry Preserves.

 

DSC02333 DSC02335

 

I took D to Karate tonight and he had a stellar class.  He is really getting much better with his form. 

I made a speedy dinner when we got home. I topped some lettuce with the leftover roasted veggies from yesterday’s lunch along with some chickpeas and hummus. I used some garam masala to spice up my salad. 

 

DSC02337

Dessert was blueberries, strawberries and 365 Brand Whip Cream – light and refreshing.

 

DSC02339

So I tried to buy a ticket to go to the Healthy Living Summit and at 8:15 it was sold out.  I am really bummed. I was really looking forward to spending my 30th birthday with all the fabulous bloggers and readers.  I can’t believe the tickets went that fast. I was logged on at 8 PM exactly and it took me so long trying to pay with paypal that I missed my chance.  BOOOOO!!!!!   Oh well, I am sure my birthday will be memorable however I celebrate. 

Thanks for sending well wishes to my little man. I am so looking forward to all of this being over.  I hate that he is being picked at so much. 

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lynn (The Actors Diet) said...

Wish I could go to the summit too - that's insane that it sold out so quick! Hope your little guy is 100%!

Amy@ What Do I Eat Now? said...

yuppppp! same thing happened to me!!

hope D is ok!!