Wednesday, June 3, 2009

They are WILD

Today D and I had our weekly babysitting shift at the gym.  I am not sure what was going on but the kiddos were WILD! Even mine was not on his best behavior – he pinched (twice), he did not listen and he snapped crayons in half (that is not ok with me).  He has now earned himself a day without his Wii Lego Star Wars game – sorry Daddy, no gaming tonight.  Trust me he was not alone.  Other kids were biting, punching and pushing – they were all at war. I managed to make it out of there without a headache. 

Once we got home I needed food and just decided to have an early lunch. 

First let me recap the AM eats. 

I started my day with another load of spinach – smoothie style. It was delicious but Charlie would tell you differently.  D tasted it and he liked it. He even asked me to make him one after he ate lunch so I just might whip one up for him in a little bit.

Into the Vita-Mix went -

1 cup Vanilla Almond milk

1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein powder

2 Stevia Packets

2 cups Organic Baby Spinach

lots of Ice

 

DSC01787 DSC01788

 

I also had the usual bowl of oaty love – 1/2 cup oats cooked on the stove with lots of water. I then mixed in 1/3 a banana and cinnamon. Once it made it into the bowl I topped my oats with the rest of the banana and sunflower seed butter.

I had a big old cup of decaf tea too. 

 

DSC01790 DSC01793

 

Now lunch was of course a salad and it was darn tasty. I really can’t eat enough veggies. This concoction contained lettuce, leftover roasted eggplant, zucchini, black beans and cottage cheese.  I spiced it up with lots of curry powder, cinnamon, paprika and chili powder (that just happens to be my favorite blend of spices).

 

DSC01795

I also had an apple with PB.

 

DSC01797

Then I ended on a chocolaty note with a gluten free Cocoa Loco Bar. 

 

DSC01798

This afternoon I am going to try and get my heart rate monitor fixed. It has been acting funky lately.  It will all of a sudden go to zero and then flick back and forth between working and not. I am not sure if the battery is toast but I mine as well get it fixed now since it is still under warranty.

I hope you are having a great Wednesday.  I will let you know if D does in fact drink his greens today or not. 

See you later. 

2 comments:

polly said...

go D go!! The greens are yummy, promise. xoxo


Hope your day is wonderful, Sammie girl! Had my greens today, too! More of them tonight... I cannot believe this body and this girl's taste buds are loving the green life! :) XOXO

I now think it's weird to NOT put spinach in my oats. hehe

How is Psalms going? xoxo

K from ksgoodeats said...

Your big ole cup of coffee is like mine! They're basically bowls ;) Babysitting sounds hectic! Hope you get some rest tonight!!