Monday, June 8, 2009

Purgatory Chasm

Yesterday we took full advantage of the beautiful day and went to Purgatory Chasm. It is a place that shows just how beautiful nature can be. 

DSC01989

rock1 rock2
rock3 rock4
rock5 rock6
rock7 rock8

 

We even spotted a toad .

 

frog

rock9 rock10
rock11 rock12
rock13 rock14
rock15 rock16
rock17 rock18

 

After all that climbing we were famished. We made a quick stop at Whole Foods on the way home and got sushi.  D even ate some, of course his was a cooked variety.  Mommy and Daddy prefer raw fish in ours.  I had a tuna & salmon combo and also a veggie roll (lettuce, cuke, carrots & avocado).  I like the brown rice rolls but the hubs prefers white. Our table was full of sushi goodness. 

 

0607091728

It was a lovely Sunday spent with my guys.  I was wiped out and was in bed by 8.  I slept until 6 which as you know is a rare thing with me. 

I had a change of heart for breakfast today.  After eating it I am not sure it was the best choice.  Oatmeal sits so well in my belly an gives me the feel good fullness. 

DSC01990

 

I toasted 2 of these waffles and topped them with PB2 & banana slices.

They were very crispy and had a delicious vanilla essence.

 

DSC01994 

I also made a spinach beverage – 1 cup Almond Milk, 2 cups Spinach, stevia and lots of ice.

I am wondering if skipping the protein powder was a bad move or not. I have a feeling this breakfast is not going to keep me full as long as my usual combo. 

 

DSC01995

I am not sure what is on the agenda today. I would like to get in some sort of exercise so I might take D to the gym with me or maybe I will try to bang out a circuit at home.

I hope that you have a great day.

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun day trip! Yummy morning waffles. Hope your day treats you well.

Lindsay said...

I love hiking, and that spot looks awesome! Jealous of your sushi fest, you may just have inspired dinner. Have a good Monday!

K from ksgoodeats said...

What a fun trip! Love all the scenery pictures!!

I have never had sushi! I think I'm missing out ;) Have a great Monday!

HeatherBakes said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm dying to go for a hike.

Way to go D for eating sushi! It seems like it would be a fun thing for a kid to eat- once you got them to try it.