Friday, June 12, 2009

Pumpkin Crunch

Good afternoon friends.  I hope your Friday is going well.  Cleaning took extra long today – not sure why but 2.5 hours later I was beat and thankful to be finished.  D got in some good Grandpa time while I cleaned.

I packed a serving of a new product I found – NOW Foods Crunchy Clusters Pumpkin Crunch.

One serving has 9 grams of protein – that was what sold me.  And the fact that this product is free of gluten, soy, dairy and a bunch of other common allergens. 

 

DSC02101 DSC02102
DSC02103 DSC02104

 

I ate it after I was finished cleaning and it was delicious. It had great pumpkin seed and sesame seed flavor. I was glad that these little guys are not overly sweet.  Sometimes the sweetness overpowers the flavor of the nut/seed in a product.  That was not the case with this stuff. 

 

DSC02107

 

When we finally got home I made my little man a quick lunch. He requested brown rice pasta (topped with olive oil & a sprinkle of salt) and strawberries – sounded just dandy to me.

I made myself a Sunshine Burger on a gluten free bun with organic ketchup & mustard.

 

DSC02109

 

Instead of a tall glass of green, I had a big bowl of green – broccoli, brussels sprouts and green beans.  Can you tell I raided my freezer?

 

DSC02110  

 

I also ate and apple.  AND …………………………….

 

DSC02112

 

…………….. an Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco Bar which is not looking so appetizing in that photo. Oh well, it tasted yummy and chocolaty.  It is about as close to a brownie as I am gonna get at this moment.  I really need to find a good gluten free brownie recipe.  D actually asked me to make him brownies the other day.  For him to be able to eat them I need the recipe to be gluten free, dairy free and egg free. 

 

DSC02113

By the way his tummy has been much better lately. We are taking him to the Gastro in a few weeks so hopefully this limited diet will not have to last that much longer.  Charlie and I were commenting on how thin he looks lately.  My baby used to be so chubby. I loved his cheeks.

HPIM0396

HPIM0351

Obviously he is much more active now so he lost all that baby loving fluff.  I just want him to be healthy and happy. 

I think that I need to go put my feet up for a few.  I am supposed to meet up with my friend around 6 so I am sure I will be up much later than usual.  It is just so darn hard for me to stop and sit down – I really need to work on that. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, poor guy...kids should be able to eat brownies. One of the gluten free brownie recipes I like is from Heidi Swanson's site 101cookbooks.com, Amazing Black Bean Brownies, it has eggs and butter in it though, I don't know if there is something you could sub for the eggs? Its a pretty easy recipe and the brownies are nice and chocolately, you really can't tell there are beans in them.

Tanya said...

Awww he's such a cutie :-)