Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Perfect Day for a Wedding

On Saturday Charlie and I attended my cousin’s wedding.  The weather was fabulous – I think they got the best day we have had all month. 

I wore my new dress from Anthropologie – remember the one that I ended up ordering from a store in PA.  It was so comfortable and the perfect style for an outdoor summer wedding.

 

p&j4

Me and the Groom (my cousin)

 

s&j 

The groom & best man (the groom’s younger brother)

 

j&j

 

My sister & me

 

b&s

I was honored that they asked me to do a reading.  It was Hebrews 13:1-4a, 5-6b. I literally practiced the whole ride to the wedding. I did not want to mess up and thankfully I didn’t. 

 

reading

My cousin is a firefighter so they left for the reception in a fire truck.

 

ride

p&j3

p&J2

The reception was held in the backyard of her parent’s house.

 

house

 

There was a massive tent set up which worked out perfectly.  It kept all the guests out of the sun with plenty of room to party.

 

tent2

tent

Our table – we got to sit with the groom’s parents.

 

table

 

The bride with my Aunt & Uncle

 

p&j

 

Their first dance.

 

first dance

 

Everyone looked gorgeous.

 

girls

 

A simple yet elegant cake.

 

cake

 

The bride’s father did an amazing job with all the flower gardens in the yard. It was breathtaking.

 

DSC02387

This was one of the most beautiful weddings that I have been to.  The bride told me it was everything that she had pictured it to be.  What a great way to start their lives together. 

I hope you are enjoying your weekend. 

5 comments:

polly said...

Sammie!!!

So beautiful. You look adorable in your new dress. I bet your groom Charlie loves it and little D, too. Have a wonderful Sunday with your boys. We are all good here, D is a little under the weather but other than that... all sunshine! I have been reading my book and soon to head to the movies. Just sipping a green smoothie and thought I'd drop by Sammie's place. ;)


Love you!! XOXO Pol

K from ksgoodeats said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like such a beautiful ceremony! Congrats to the happy couple :)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) said...

What a fun wedding! I actually wore that same dress from Anthropologie to a premiere in May. Except it was cold here when I wore it (LA weather is freaky) so I paired it with black tights. You rock that dress, Sammie!!!

HeatherBakes said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I'm jealous of that backyard. So pretty.

Love your anthropologie dress... hands down my favorite store for both clothes and house stuff (unfortunately for Brian- hehe).

Glad you had a good time!

Amy@ What Do I Eat Now? said...

that looks so nice!! no rain though right?? we had downpours!!!

you look great in the dress! : )