Monday, June 1, 2009

Not because I don’t eat my Veggies

Good evening friends, how was your Monday?  We have had a pretty decent day at my homestead. The weather was gorgeous today – not too hot, not too cold.  D had some fun playing with his pals at the gym while Mommy got in a workout. I did do one of Jillian’s Circuit Training Workouts – it was fab!!!  I also did 40 minutes on the Step Mill – love that machine. 

When I got home I needed a snack so that I would not pass out in the shower. I had an apple and 2 pieces of Swiss cheese.

 

DSC01755

After I washed off the gym grime, I did a bunch of things around the house and fed my little monkey lunch. He was not happy that I gave him gluten free chicken nuggets – he is not a fan of chicken. I actually got him to eat them dipped in pure maple syrup – he goes for odd combos like his mama.

My lunch was a salad – lettuce, red pepper, zucchini, salsa, hummus and cottage cheese.  I also had a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar – yum, yum, yum!!! 

 

DSC01756 DSC01759

 

Then it was off to the grocery store. Yes, I seem to make multiple grocery store trips but that is because we eat ALL our meals at home and I always run out of something or other. I picked up a big container of organic spinach and came home and made myself this beauty.  I did not make this because I don’t eat my veggies. I just see it all over the blog world and had to jump on the wagon. 

 

DSC01760

 

Into the Vita-Mix went 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk, 1/2 a packet of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein Powder, 2 tsp PB, 2 cups of Organic baby spinach and 4 ice cubes.  OK, why did I take so long to try this.  It was delicious and I could not even tell that there was spinach in there.  I am seriously drinking one of these puppies EVERY DAY.  I think that it would be good after my AM workout.  Looks like I will be stocking up on spinach and almond milk.  I also had a Goji Bar with it. 

 

DSC01762

For dinner I had roasted egg plant, a sweet potato and a Sunshine burger with Almond cheese.  For the eggplant I just brushed 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the slices before putting them into a 400 degree oven. I just let them cook until they were soft and browned to my liking. 

 

DSC01766

No dessert tonight – I actually had a cup of decaf tea (black) after I was finished with my dinner.  I guess my sweet tooth took the night off.

Time to go put on some jammies and relax.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

polly said...

yay green smoothie!!! :) I know... when I first tried one I was like "where have you been all my life?" hehe

Such a great workout and yay for D dipping his chicken nuggets in maple syrup. Tell him my D (big D) dips his chicken nuggets in honey and ketchup and Abbi likes hers plain jane.

Love you, sweet Sammie!! So sweet of you to order a DVD. You are my sister just 1000 miles or so keeps us from having lunch each week. :)

XOXO

Tanya said...

Looks like we were thinking about some of the same eats today :-) I have yet to try the green smoothie - and this is actually the 1st recipe I've seen where I have everything (except spinach). Drinking everday though - spinach chelates iron so be careful.

I'm a run to the store a few times a week girl too.

carolinebee said...

Yay green smoothie :D Try adding 1/2 a banana, i use frozen ones it makes it so smooth and delish!

Megan said...

I wish my sweet tooth would take a night off!