Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Crazy Life

D is now asking for me to take his picture for the blog. I think he likes seeing is face on the computer.

 

DSC02292

So yesterday was CRAZY (and today is shaping up to look the same)!!!  I owe you lots of foodie photos.  I was beat last night and just wanted to hit the hay. 

I went to my sis’s house and hung out with the kiddies for the afternoon.  Before leaving I had an apple and a piece of string cheese.

 

 

DSC02299

I packed myself a super yummy lunch.  I filled a roasted acorn squash with chickpeas and red pepper that I seasoned with Garam Masala.  Love the chickpeas but would not say that are that much better than canned. They are missing all that sodium so that is a plus for me.

 

DSC02295

I also packed some PB2 powder which I mixed with water just before serving and drizzled it over the top.  Sounds odd but trust me it was delish.

 

DSC02296

I ended with a Trail Mix bar.

After I fed the 3 munchkins, my niece and I cleaned her room for about 2 hours.  She was so thrilled to have things organized and I was just happy that I got to spend that time with her. The boys were so good the entire time and kept themselves busy and out of trouble. 

I snacked on an Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco bar after the cleaning extravaganza.

 

DSC02297

I took D to karate class last night and he did so well. Must have been the lack of his cousin being a distraction.  I know how much they love having class together, but honestly D pays attention so much more when Rocco is not there.  I would never separate them as I am hoping he learns to do well while having his close buddy with him.

Dinner was fast and furious because we got home after 5:30.  I had more chickpeas (I could eat them everyday, twice a day), combined with hummus, cottage cheese, cumin and cinnamon.

 

DSC02300

I also had gluten free toast with blueberry preserves and PB2.

 

DSC02301

This morning I ventured to the gym and did a fab workout – 30 min. Elliptical, 30 min. Run on the Treadmill and weights. 

I boogied home, showered and made a quick breakfast. I had to be back at the gym at 8:30 for my babysitting shift. 

I made a blueberry banana oat concoction again.

oatmeal cooked on the stove with water, frozen blueberries, banana, cinnamon and PB2 “sauce”

 

DSC02303

I can not even begin to describe the level of insanity that was in the kids room at the gym today. It was bulging at the seams with kiddos of all different ages.  Since it is such a cruddy day and most schools are now out for the summer, we got a lot of older children being forced to stay in the room. It is so not age appropriate for those poor kids.  There were also a few 1st timers who are young and did not want to be away from their moms.  Some scream till they are red in the face and covered in snoogies and others warm up quickly.  It is never a dull moment. 

We just got home and I shoved a piece of cheese and a pear in my face to tide me over until my lunch is finished in the oven. I am roasting turnip, Japanese eggplant and a beet.  I will probably mix in some chickpeas for some protein.  I will share a picture of the final mix later. 

After lunch I have to go to the grocery store. I still have not had a chance to do my weekly shopping.  This is my crazy life – welcome to it. 

I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

K from ksgoodeats said...

We like seeing D, too :)

Cottage cheese, hummus, AND cinnamon in one bowl? That could be a killer combination in my house - I love all of those!

Reading about your days is making me tired! I certainly hope you get some 'me' time soon :)