Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Looking after the Birdie again

This afternoon my sis had to head out for a while so D and I went to her house and hung out with Rocco and Batman (the baby birdie).  The little guy is now eating more solid foods but I still have to hand feed him.  I am calling it a him but really I have no idea if it is male or female.

I snacked on an apple and some cheese before heading out.

 

DSC01781

 

I packed my lunch salad to go – lettuce, pumpkin, zucchini, red pepper, black beans and cottage cheese.  The first picture is the naked salad and the second is my salad all SPICED up.  I sprinkled on cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, chili powder and cumin – it was delicious.

 

DSC01777 DSC01779

 

I also packed a bar to eat with lunch.  This bar is full of nutty goodness. 

 

DSC01773

When we got back home I needed a snack ASAP.  I had plain Greek yogurt and a Nature’s Promise bar. 

 

 

DSC01782

Dinner was really random but I was so hungry that I really needed food – my snack did not last.  I melted some cheese on tortilla chips and …..

 

DSC01783

 

…… stuffed a roasted acorn squash with cottage cheese and then sprinkled on some cinnamon.

 

 

DSC01784

For some reason that is not lasting either. I am a hungry girl today.  It must have been all the running around today.  I will probably go fix myself a snack – a piece of fruit possibly? 

I hope you had a lovely day.  Enjoy your evening. 

3 comments:

Tanya said...

That salad looks great. I've never really used beans in my salads, but it looks so good I'm gonna have to try it.

K from ksgoodeats said...

Your acorn squash/cc/cinnamon reminds me of fall! My favorite season :)

I love hearing about the baby bird!

FitFoodie said...

Tha nature's promise bar looks really good! I'll have to keep my eye out for that.