Friday, June 5, 2009

Look No Salad

Good evening blog friends. I hope you have been enjoying your Friday.  D and I had a nice day – nothing that exciting occurred. 

D ate some of his So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt as his AM snack. 

 

DSC01849

 

It got a thumbs up – he really does love this stuff.

 

DSC01857

 

Then he showed me his tiger claws.  For some reason this morning he was running around telling me he was a tiger.  I just love his imagination.

 

DSC01858

 

My snack was a Weil Bar – Banana Manna.

 

DSC01859 DSC01860 DSC01861

 

It tasted just like a slice of banana bread – it was quite scrumptious.

 

DSC01864

We dropped Otto off at camp – he did fabulous today. He had so much fun hanging with all the other dogs.

When we got back home I made lunch.  I filled a gluten free tortilla with sweet potato, a Sunshine Veggie Burger, lettuce, bell pepper and almond cheese.  I ate the rest of the sweet potato with some organic ketchup.

 

DSC01865 DSC01868

 

I ended lunch with an apple.

 

DSC01869

We then went to the library, Target and Stop & Shop (I wanted to make something different for dinner and I needed to pick up a few ingredients). After our rendezvous around town we picked up our buddy Otto.  He was so happy to see us and boy was he pooped.  He usually sleeps most of the day so this was a big change of pace for him.  I had to give him a bath ASAP because he smelled like a pack of dirty dogs.  The good thing about Otto is, he doesn’t usually smell like a dog.  We keep him very clean. 

I was starved and had to have something to eat so that I did not pass out while making dinner.  I had a granola bar and a piece of string cheese. 

 

DSC01871

These beauties then went into the oven because I made Baigan Bharta.   I read a bunch of different recipes so I did not follow this one exactly. To roast the eggplant, I poked a bunch of wholes in the skin and baked them at 425 until they collapsed and the skin was wrinkled.  I then peeled the skin off and mashed the flesh.

 

DSC01872

I added 1/2 a cup of chic peas to my serving for some extra protein.  On the side I had a big dollop of plain Greek yogurt.  Good thing I did – this stuff was spicy.  I used a whole jalapeno and chili powder so it packed a decent amount of heat.  This made enough for me to have it again tomorrow. I can’t wait, it was so delicious. 

 

DSC01874

I was pretty full after dinner so I did not have dessert just then. I actually chugged tons of water – my mouth was still feeling the heat. 

After dinner digested, I was looking for something sweet.  I got my PB2 stash in today (3 original PB2 + 1 Chocolate PB2 – I am fully stocked).  I topped an Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco bar with PB2 (2 tbsp PB2 powder mixed with 1 tbsp water).  It was the perfect dessert.  You will be seeing PB2 appear often – I love this stuff. I really love it made a bit on the thin side and drizzled over my oats – you know what I will be having in the morning. 

 

DSC01876

So there you have it – a whole day without a salad.  That has not happened in a long time.  I am very happy with my food choices today.  That dinner was A+ and lunch wasn’t too shabby either.

I am going to drink lots more water before I hit the hay – I am still very thirsty.  I would like to run in the AM – it’s been a few days.  It is raining out there at the moment and I think that it is going to continue through the morning.  A little drizzle never hurts so I just might venture out anyway.

Have a great night. 

1 comment:

K from ksgoodeats said...

No salad?! That's okay because that dinner looks fantastic! Glad Otto had a good day :)

Have a wonderful Saturday!