Friday, June 12, 2009

It’s Been 12 Years

Happy Friday!  I am so excited for today – well tonight actually – more on that in a sec.

I was up early and hit the gym for a run since it was pouring outside.  I did a nice 5 miles, 20 minutes on the Elliptical and weights. The foam roller and I have made nice and it no longer causes me pain when I use it.  It only took a few months but boy am I glad that it is in my life now. 

Yesterday, I did in fact pick up a half gallon carton of Unsweetened Coconut Milk while I was at WF.  D was out of the Vanilla so I grabbed him some too.  Now me and my little monkey can enjoy our milk together. 

I drank mine in the form of a green smoothie today while he prefers his unadorned. 

Into the Vita-Mix went 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 1/2 a scoop Pea Protein, 2 cups Organic Baby Spinach and ice.  I gave it a taste and it needed some sweetness so I added some stevia.  Yesterday it tasted great without it but I think the addition of the spinach might have weakened the sweetener that is in the Pea Protein.

 

DSC02095

Of course I had my usual bowl of banana oats. 

 

DSC02096

I think that I love PB2 so much because it drizzles over the top so perfectly. Where PB straight from the fridge does not.

I used one of my super long handled spoons.  I was informed that this is an ice tea spoon – I never knew such a thing existed. I can definitely see the concept behind it.

 

DSC02098

So here is the exciting news. I have been on Facebook connecting with some of my High School friends – it is amazing how many of them are on there.  One of my very best friends and I have been chatting back and forth – even on the telephone. Well I am going to see her today – EEEEEK!!!!  I have not seen her in 12 years – that makes me sound so old.  She is a tattoo artist – I am not surprised. She still lives in the town where we went to school and works not far from there. I am going to go check out her studio and then we are going to hang out afterward.  So not only do I get to see my friend but mommy gets a night out. 

AND, there is more. My mom is coming to MA tonight – double EEEEEEEK!!!!!  She is staying with my sis but I will see her bright and early tomorrow morning.  She is only staying until Sunday but a short visit is better than none at all. 

Ok, I really have to get my butt in gear. I need to head to my sister-in-law’s house to clean this morning and D is still in his PJs.  I hope you have an awesome day.

6 comments:

FoodsThatFit said...

Sammie,

Have so much fun visiting with your friend and your Mom!!! So much fun! Look at that beautiful GREEN smoothie, LOVE it!!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love using PB2 to drizzle - I just did it with waffles this morning :)

Have a great time reuniting!! Sounds like you've got a great weekend lined up!

carolinebee said...

have fun with your mom and friend! Hey maybe you'll come back with a new tat?? :D

GreenDogWine said...

How fun! Isn't in crazy how much FB connects you with people from your past?! :)

HeatherBakes said...

Fun!! I hope you have a blast hanging with your friend AND your mom... isn't facebook great?

seesaraheat said...

Isn't Facebook awesome! I love catching up with people I haven't seen in forever. Hope you had fun :)