Thursday, June 4, 2009

If you like Fig Newtons

then you would really like the new bar I tried this morning.  I found it at Whole Foods in the ever so plentiful “bar isle”. It is a Weil bar by Nature’s Path. They offer 5 flavors but the WF I was at only had 3 of them. The Goji Mojo bar is gluten, soy and dairy free.  

DSC01822 DSC01823 DSC01830

 

When I first opened the package it reminded me of a very chunky Larabar. The texture was very moist and sticky.  Taste wise, this bar was very sweet.  It really did taste like the filling in a Fig Newton.  The nutritionals are not bad – not that great on protein. 

 

 

DSC01828 DSC01826

 

So I ate 1/2 a cup of plain Greek yogurt with cinnamon to make up for it.  I love this little blue bowl. I used to have an orange one too but a few weeks ago I knocked a stack of bowls out of the cabinet and most of them broke :(  This bowl is actually part of Bobby Flay’s line at Kohl’s.

 

DSC01821 DSC01824

 

For lunch today I branched out and tried a little something that I thought would taste good - it did look pretty.  The flavor of the red onion was a bit too over powering.  I like red onion but I think that it needs to be cooked.  I used a gluten free tortilla to make a sweet potato, bell pepper, red onion and Swiss cheese wrap.  I ate the rest of the sweet potato with some organic ketchup – a condiment that I truly love.  

 

DSC01831 DSC01833 DSC01832

 

I ended lunch with a sweet apple and sunflower seed butter. I know the apple isn’t anything new but at least I did not have the usual salad.  Don’t worry I still have one more meal this evening where the salad could make an appearance.

 

DSC01834

How is your Thursday going?  The weather seems to have turned around here in MA – the sun is actually out.  I’m off to hang with my sweet tart.  See you later.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm seeing lots of new products today that I would love to try. I've heard about Dr. Weil bars, but haven't tried them yet. The weather in NY is still trying to make up it's mind whether it wants to be hot, rainy or a little chilly. The little one is still headed to school in long sleeve shirts.

K from ksgoodeats said...

I agree 100% with you on that bar! It is just like the 'guts' of the Fig Newton :)

Hope you get your salad!! It's pretty chilly in MI!

Cookie said...

I totally agree about red onions. They're really strong especially those big chunks I see in your wrap! I also LOVE ketchup and sweet potatoes!

fitforfree said...

I love those Dr. Weil bars!! I actually cut one up and used it to make "fig newton cookies" :-) (basically just whole-wheat choco chip cookies with Dr. Weil bar instead of choco chips)