Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hospital Run

Yep, we had to make a run to the hospital yesterday. Well it was really the evening by the time we decided to go.  D’s temp continued throughout the day and he was not taking in enough fluids – at least we did not think so.  We were instructed to take him to the ER by a nurse at his Dr’s office.  So we loaded up the truck and ventured out.  My poor little guy was still complaining of BAD stomach cramps and you could see how distended his tummy was.  We sat at the hospital FOREVER and he did eventually go to the bathroom, which he had not peed in like 9 hours. Let me just say that I could see his tummy deflate as he finally let go of whatever he was holding on to – it was something I never want to witness again. Of course then he felt better and was able to eat a little snack of Fritos and drink water.He then proceeded to fall asleep – by this time it was around 10:3o.  The Dr. came in to see him well after 11 and he stayed asleep the entire time she examined him. Since he was able to eat and drink there was no IV needed and we were free to leave.  Somehow we managed to get home a tad before midnight. 

So I am sorry that I skipped out on you yesterday but there was serious Mommy duties to tend to and I was not about to blog after that adventure. 

Charlie is working from home today because there was no way that I could take this little sicky to the gym for our weekly babysitting session.  He is feeling a little better and the fever is gone. 



I am pretty sure you all know how crazy I am and that I do not require that much sleep. My body automatically woke up today at 5 and I was so in need of a de-stressing activity so I hit the pavement.  I did a 6.5 mile run and boy did mama feel the tension melt away.  It was so chilly out this morning – is it June?  I could see my breath and I was so wishing that I wore gloves – my fingers we freezing. 

After thawing out in a lovely steamy shower I made some quick eats - I needed to be at the gym by 8:30. I made Banana Blueberry Oats again but this time I stirred in frozen BB instead of fresh. I love the color that the oats turn when adding frozen berries. Plus they help to cool it down which means that I can eat it right away without scalding my mouth.

This was 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop Pea Protein, LOTS of water (just about 1 + 3/4 cup), a banana, cinnamon and 3/4 cup frozen blueberries.  It was delicious and filling. 



It was weird not having my sidekick with me at the gym this morning.  All D’s buddies were asking where he was.  I am pretty sure we have entered summer vacation craziness because the place was packed to the gills with older kids. 

Lunch today was super yum – can’t go wrong with a Sunshine Burger & a sweet potato. I had the burger on gluten free bread with a slice of cheese and organic ketchup & mustard. 



I also had an apple with PB2 and a camera shy Cocoa Loco Bar.



I am shocked that I made it to the end of this post – I started it well over an hour ago. I have had to stop at least 30 times to do some else – mommy duties of course.  I just got the D man to eat a gluten free donut, hopefully that sits well. So if I do not post tonight, please forgive me for being a slacker. Things will go back to normal soon – at least I hope so.   

Enjoy the rest of your day.


VeggieGirl said...

Yikes!! I'm praying that all gets 100% better.

FoodsThatFit said...

Oh Sammie! I hope sweet little D gets feeling better soon!

Mrs. LC said...

Aw, poor D! I hope he feels better soon, I'll be praying until I see he's better!! (I'll be praying for you too, with all your mommy duties!)

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

Poor Mama! I hope D feels better soon, and even if you think you don't need it (I can relate) try to catch up on that sleep sometime!

Erica said...

your poor peanut! I'm glad hes feeling better.

K from ksgoodeats said...

Don't apologize for not blogging!! You had much more important things to attend to! I hope D feels better soon - I'm sending lots of get well wishes :)

The Actors Diet said...

Poor guy! Hope he makes a recovery soon!

polly said...

soooo wonderful chatting with you the last two days, my sweet Sammie!!! XOXO Hugs to D!

ratzxfink said...

hope D gets well soon!

Aggie said...

awww...hope your little guy is feeling better. I know exactly what you mean about feeling their pain when they are sick, it's heartbreaking.