Thursday, June 4, 2009

He says So Delicious

I found a treat for my baby today at Whole Foods.  I am so glad that Turtle Mountain has come out with a line of goodies that do not contain dairy or soy.  He is also a huge fan of the Coconut yogurt and Coconut Ice Cream too.

DSC01838

He was so excited to try out his frosty treat for dessert.

sodelish1 

It got a thumbs up. There were a few other flavors in the freezer case which I will be sure to buy in the very near future for my honey pie.  If you are looking for a treat these guys only have 70 calories, no fat and 12 grams of sugar which comes from organic agave.  It even packs 3 grams of fiber to boot. 

 

thumbsup

For dinner tonight I got my salad fix.  It looks like a huge mess but it was very tasty.  It was packed with veggie goodness – lettuce, zucchini, summer squash, red pepper, salsa, jicama, cottage cheese and black beans. I am pretty sure that was all.

 

DSC01840

I was really in the mood for a PBJ so that is just what I had to accompany all that greenery.  I used gluten free bread, PB and Trader Joe’s Reduced Sugar Raspberry Preserves. 

 

DSC01841

D’s grandparents came over for a visit this evening.  Unfortunately Charlie got home very late and did not get to visit with his parents.  I just put the little man to bed and I am pretty sure he is off in dreamland – he was a sleepy boy. 

I came downstairs, after he was all tucked in, and had a plum for dessert.  I was really in the mood for a piece of fruit – love that natural sweetness.  A big bowl of grapes would actually be fabulous right now but I don’t have any :(

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow – hooray for Friday!! 

3 comments:

Megan said...

mmm those bars look YUMMY!!

HangryPants said...

WOW!!! Those certainly look delicious!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Those bars do sound great! Glad D liked them!!

I'm also glad you got your salad - looks delicious :)